ID:1289156

BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Chrome 27.0.1453.110
Applies to:Website

A member of our crack team of bug testers has verified that this issue is reproducible, and has handed it off to the development team for investigation.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

When vote is clicked in developer help (on someones post) it send the clicker back to the first page. I find that annoying.

Not sure if this is a bug or not.
How are you clicking this? A regular mouse click shouldn't do this; it has a click handler that calls an AJAX routine and returns false, canceling the event.
A regular mouse click does this. I click the vote button on someone's post it sends me to page 1.
I tested this and I get the same issue as well, I go to the second page of a dev help thread and click vote and it goes back to the first page.

I only left clicked once.
I'm not sure if it's related, but the same thing happens when I click follow on a thread. I find that somewhat annoying, and also somewhat related, so I figured I'd mention it here in case the two can both be fixed at the same time; providing a fix is even necessary.
I'm not sure if it's related either but way am I redirected to a page where I see the page I've send? It's quite annoying..
Can all who are experiencing this please post which browser they're using? I'm wondering if this is a new bug in stupid, stupid Chrome. All those onclick routines are returning false and shouldn't be following the link through.

[edit]
If you have a JavaScript debugger, please also let us know if it's freaking somewhere and throwing an error. That could cause an issue as well. The more details, the better.
I am using chrome. =D
This bug isn't really new, I've experienced a lot since the new forum software (with pages, post voting), it just doesn't really bother me.

but yes, Chrome. 29.0.1535.3.
Err, yeah, I am using Chrome, lol.
I don't even know if it's a bug, for my comment - but - Chrome!
I am starting to think chrome is overrated o.o
In response to Ripper man5
Ripper man5 wrote:
I am starting to think chrome is overrated o.o

Everyone use to use firefox (including myself) but Chrome is just better.
I use opera :P Its simple and fast and has turbo mode for slow internet connections. I also use the mini Opera (like 1mb) when I am at other peoples computers as it loads up quickly. Opera is also without Bloatware and such :)

I tried chrome and it downloaded to much cache stuff and was bulky and I used Firefox and it wasn't worth it to me, and of course IE is the best browser to download another browser :)

Also Dolphin Mini for android OS is quite fast as well with multi tab and gesture browsing :)

Just my opinions of course :)
This issue still exists, as of Chrome version 34.0.1847.131.
Stephen001 changed status to 'Verified'