ID:1290476

So what I've been hearing a lot of recently is that if you don't have a credit card, you can't donate. Well, even without a credit card, I just gave BYOND $16. All you need is physical cash. If you go to your nearest grocery or super store (Fry's, Walmart), you can just buy a pre-paid card. It works.

So chop chop BYOND! I know you don't all live in the Sahara or the north pole. You can go to a grocery store (unless you're a farmer on the moon)
pre-paid card fee's are a waste.

i got a free checking account with a lil debit card for all my online stuff no fee's.
I had $16.99 on my prepaid, spent $16 of it, and still have $.99. I think fees aren't a problem. If you're talking about activating it, it only costed $5 for my $100 prepaid at the register.
In response to SeymourG
SeymourG wrote:
I had $16.99 on my prepaid, spent $16 of it, and still have $.99. I think fees aren't a problem. If you're talking about activating it, it only costed $5 for my $100 prepaid at the register.

"only $5" in its self = a waste of time

multiple times = a waste of money.
Prepaid debit is the way to go.

A $3 usage fee is better than the $35 overdraft fee and the many number of other fee's from Banks.

I do not trust banks and will happily pay the fee for the prepaid card just so I can stay far away from banks.

Furthermore, you don't HAVE to use the prepaid card all the time, only use it when you want to so you don't have to deal with fee's all the time (yeah, I use one of my parents debit cards to save money because they still have bank accounts but I refuse to get one).

Just watch out for those evil overdraft fee's if you use a bank.
I'm pretty sure a lot of people on BYOND are over 13+

I don't know how it works in other countries but mine can let me get a Debit Card after 13.
If you have a credit card, "overdraft" doesn't even apply and as long as you don't impulse buy and spend within your limits it's a very smart financial move.
In response to Audeuro
Audeuro wrote:
If you have a credit card, "overdraft" doesn't even apply and as long as you don't impulse buy and spend within your limits it's a very smart financial move.

Credit cards are the worst human fabrication ever.

Credit cards are useless, you do not need one they will put you into debt in no time.
Debit is what I think you were referring too...and that is what I was mentioning and use.
In response to AERProductions
AERProductions wrote:

Credit cards are useless, you do not need one they will put you into debt in no time.
Debit is what I think you were referring too...and that is what I was mentioning and use.

Credit cards are exactly what I was talking about, not debit cards. "overdraft" does apply to debit cards because that's pulling from money you're assumed to have, and if you don't have the money to cover it you're assessed a fee for the bank giving you a temporary line of credit. Credit cards have no concept of overdrafting because it's all borrowed money anyways, and as I said above as long as you're responsible with your spending and don't impulse buy then you shouldn't have a problem with them at all.
In response to Audeuro
Audeuro wrote:
AERProductions wrote:

Credit cards are exactly what I was talking about, not debit cards. "overdraft" does apply to debit cards because that's pulling from money you're assumed to have, and if you don't have the money to cover it you're assessed a fee for the bank giving you a temporary line of credit. Credit cards have no concept of overdrafting because it's all borrowed money anyways, and as I said above as long as you're responsible with your spending and don't impulse buy then you shouldn't have a problem with them at all.

I understand how they work.

That is the problem though, people cannot control their spending and often spend up to their credit limit and get Another card. It is best to stay away from them as really, only the wealthy can pay a credit card bill on time every time and actually be okay with it, the poor it just puts them into debt.

I advise everyone who can, stay away from credit cards and never get one for any reason, ever.

I'm old school, I believe banks are suppose to be a place where you store your money so it can gain interest, back when there were no credit cards; The world isn't like that any longer ~ and I am not that old.

@ post below
Yeah, I do know what it is and I know that people are not responsible with them. Do not ignore what I say and if you do keep your petty comments to yourself.

Also, you must remember, this is coming from someone with No Income; I cannot practically have a credit card, I cannot pay the bill. You folks might have an income, totally different story if you can be responsible and not spend beyond what you can pay back that is great, the system works for you; But for the millions of others that have 6 different cards and spend them to their limits and get another, are not responsible with them and are attracted by the "free money" and it is breaking the system.

So I suppose my main point is that a Debit Card is more feasible for those without incomes (unemployed college kids, or just kids) because they cannot pay a credit card bill, let alone apply for one half the time (some college kids credit is bad they are already in debt from their fake college diploma that didn't get them a job).
I don't know if you know what a Credit Card is. It's a card that gives you extra money that you pay back. No big deal.
This is how I got my first membership before I had credit or debit cards. Just went to Walgreens and bought one of those paypal prepay cards. Sure, it had a 5 dollar fee, but it was justified for me in that I was able to get a membership. I certainly didn't have an income of any kind back then, and was still rather dependent on my parents and they didn't want me getting a debit or credit card yet (honestly, there would have been no point) so the prepay cards were a great option.