ID:1290521

Resolved
BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium
Web Browser:Chrome 27.0.1453.110
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The BYOND pager seems to allow me to connect to games without any real issues, normally at least, but the pager itself is showing the red error box notifying that the hub cannot be reached, which basically means that I cannot page, make updates, access hubs in the pager, etc.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.) Update from 499.1192 to 499.1193.
2.) Log into any account.
3.) Be greeted by the message in the bottom left.

Expected Results:
BYOND pager connects to the hub.
Actual Results:
BYOND pager will not connect to the hub, and will not access any game that has not been stored in the "recent" tab.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every Time.
In other games? Yes.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? Untested.

When does the problem NOT occur?
The problem did not occur in BYOND 499.1192 and earlier when connected to the hub-address2 of either 6101 or 20002, but the byond.txt was deleted(as suggested by Tom in the v499 Open Pager Experience post) which was not replaced when v.499.1193 was installed, and may not have any effects anymore.
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? BYOND 499.1192 and earlier while the hub-address2 was set to 6101 or 20002.

Workarounds:
Currently unknown.
After uninstalling, deleting all sources of byond from my PC and re-installing, I was gifted with this window: http://i43.tinypic.com/30a3ogj.png
The 6101 hub isn't running now (I may have accidentally taken it down last night), but 20002 should still be a viable option for you if 6001 fails. I recommend adding the line "hub-address2 20002" to byond.txt, then starting the pager. If that disappears from the file after you try to connect, add it back in and try again.

We're working on a change that will improve the ability of users who can't reach one port to more easily route to another.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
The 6101 hub isn't running now (I may have accidentally taken it down last night), but 20002 should still be a viable option for you if 6001 fails. I recommend adding the line "hub-address2 20002" to byond.txt, then starting the pager. If that disappears from the file after you try to connect, add it back in and try again.

We're working on a change that will improve the ability of users who can't reach one port to more easily route to another.

It seems neither are working for me at the moment.
In response to Ernesto5432
Ernesto5432 wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

It seems neither are working for me at the moment.

Nevermind, it just randomly came on.
Lummox JR resolved issue