ID:1291160

Hello everyone! My name is Kayla, and while I'm new to BYOND I'm not new to art-- I've been drawing since the day I could hold a pencil and I've been drawing digitally since I was 13, (I'm 18 now) this fall I'm going to SCAD University as a digital sequential arts major-- (digital comics) fancy that.

My brother is a long-time member on BYOND and his account name is 'BloodOcean7' maybe some of you know him-- I don't know. XD

Anyway! Until recently, I haven't been able to help my brother with icon art at /all/ because I was busy graduating highschool-- (does it show in his games?) but now that I'm all graduated I'm looking for some cash to go to my University!

My brother suggested I put myself on BYOND because (in his own words) "It's in desperate f*king need of icon artists." so I'm here to not only make /his/ games beautiful, but yours as well!

Just message me and we'll work out prices/what you need/what I can do for you! 8)

I won't be unrealistic and take on jobs I can not complete, I will not give you unrealistic promises-- I'm very easy to work with and down-to-earth and I've done icon-commissions before-- this isn't my first rodeo.

Also guess what I'm minoring in at SCAD University?

2D digital animation-- so YES that means I make animated icons as well! :)

I can send you samples of my work-- (You can actually view my DeviantART account here: http://kikikittykat.deviantart.com/)

Feel free to contact me here or on my DeviantART account!

I'm so glad to of finally made a BYOND account, my brother tells me you're all an epic group of people. :)

TTYL!

~Kayla
Do you have a portfolio and what prices would you offer for a game with everything, mobs turfs weapons etc.
Welcome to Byond Kayla :) , Im Sure Youll Find Your Stay Pleasant .

Side Note : That Joke About Blood's Artwork In Paragraph 3 Gave Me A Chuckle
BYOND is slowly dying though. Unless people can put up some original material and bank some revenue using the subscription system. Unfortunately most people want to make games based off of other franchises, mostly in the anime department.
In response to A.T.H.K
Hello! :)

No, I have never been commissioned to do an entire game all at once, usually I am hired to take on only characters or turf only etc.

However! I'm sure we can work something out if you're interested. :)

As for as examples of my icons etc-- BloodOcean7's (my brother's) games should be updated art-wise entirely within a week or two, then you could simply play the games to view examples of my work in action. Does that work? :)

(When they're done I can send you the links.)

I have examples of my /art/ on DeviantART but no real pixel work on there that I know of-- I haven't made fresh pixel icons in a while, so I'd have to dig up some samples for ya before you hire me. uwu

Prices shouldn't be bank-breaking-- to start on here I'm aiming low, like 1$ a single-frame icon, and 3$ for an animated icon-- such as a character walking in 4 directions-- if I get higher demand or special/more difficult work prices will vary but I know many of you are like my brother-- and can not afford pixel artists. 6u6

If you can't afford the base price.. we'll talk about your game-- and if I really like the game, I'll work for less money. :)

... But I do need money to get into my University. XD

Thanks for your interest, let me know how I can help further! ^__^

~Kayla
In response to Mikey Reborn
Aww thanks Mikey! :D I'm sure I will. ^__^

(LMAO I feel so bad because I have been so busy with school I haven't helped him out at all. XD I plan on helping now though <:) do you know my brother?)
In response to Makeii
Hellooo! :D

Yeah.. I've noticed it needs some fresh/original material.. :O

Luckily my brother is one of those people-- he doesn't want to make Naruto games-- (lmao) he's really interested in making fresh unique games that are intelligent and fun to play. :)

We need more of him and Teka on BYOND :U
Welcome to the BYOND-sphere. We have been awaiting you...
This was foretold in the prophecy.
That I just made up...

Oh well, Hi.
Bloodocean is your brother?

Well... Wow. Guess who has the artsy side in the family? I'll give you a hint. Definitely not Ocean.
Lmfao remember the stick figures.
Yes. Le stick figures. And all the criticism that came with it. Let's see what you can do about it Offin.
Thank the lord he did not come out like this guy.

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1288484

They violated him so much he won't even reply on his post.
O_O i so wanna see this chicks work the Dev is pretty koo...
Offin is indeed my sister and I have begged and pleaded for ages for help with my "art" It is torment to make a game and need a icon artist and realize the best one you know is in the next room and won't help end my suffering lol :)

She has seen my icons and she cringes :P

I always figured if I made placeholders she would redo them once she had the time, hopefully she will revamp mine before anything else lol :)

I can tell you though not many people have truly devoted their lives to great artwork like she has, I can't draw a damn thing so I can't fathom the effort it takes lol I is funny that from a early age she practiced art and I practiced code. I hope now that schools out she will show pity on me lol :)

Bloodocean7.
SCAD you say? You're about to be giving money out the ass. My girlfriend tried to go to SCAD, got accepted and everything the only problem was the overpriced tuition and everything else. She's currently going to AI of Atlanta, Decatur.
In response to BoyDolphin
BoyDolphin wrote:
Thank the lord he did not come out like this guy.

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1288484

They violated him so much he won't even reply on his post.

Lol, xD
Hey Offin, It's a pleasure to meet you, Your brother makes some interesting games, I did try to help out with his art, but i'm not such a great artist myself :)

I look forward to seeing your work and contribution to this community.
In response to SilencedWhisper
Hello! XD
WELL I HOPE I FULFILL THE PROPHECY WITHOUT FKING IT UP. 8U way to put the pressure on, man. XD

god I'm such a newb

Thank you for welcoming me! ;w;
In response to SilencedWhisper
LMAO AWWW XD well, he's pretty ingenious when it comes to code and business and he has an artistic /mind/-- (he thinks up a lot of cool original things) but yeah.. XD I'm good at art. LOL

Poor Ocean XD
In response to BoyDolphin
Aww poor dude! D8

LMAO he tried. :( wow some of you guys can be vicious! XD

Yeah-- I'm thankful my bro's work was stomached-- his games are really cool content-wise all I have to do is stop your eyes from bleeding when you play it. :) LOL

btw-- hello boydolphin! ;w;
Page: 1 2 3