ID:1291248

BYOND Version:499.1193
Operating System:Windows 8 Pro
Web Browser:Chrome 28.0.1500.44
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Me and a couple others have been experiencing an issue with outputs causing Dream Seeker to freeze.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Set focus to the output
2. Wait for text to be sent to it.

Or,
1. Type in some text.
2. Click the output anywhere.
3. Hit enter.

Expected Results:
Text shows up without freezing the window.

Actual Results:
Dream Seeker freezes for a few seconds or indefinitely.
It also likes to leave the cursor on a near- empty new line.
Sometimes, if I have text selected, it writes out the new text noticeably slowly, left to right, instead of all at once instantly.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Very often
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
When focus isn't on the output.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
It doesn't appear to happen for everyone, and it used to not happen for me, even within the same BYOND version and on two computers.
It's happening every single time a message goes to an output while there's a blinking cursor inside it. Most of the time I have to relog because the window freezes for too long.

Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I can't reproduce this; it might depend on your OS. Do the others with this problem all have Windows 8?

One thing I noticed is that I can't get the cursor to blink in the output at all. It's not really a control that's supposed to have focus, and we've disabled the ability to input text there.

[edit]
I tried this in Chatters also. I still couldn't get the output to take proper focus and show a blinking cursor. The fact that it's showing a blinking cursor in your output at all could well be the true bug.
Unknown Person said in Chatters that he experiences it on one of his computers, which iirc doesn't use Windows 8.

I also recall Xooxer posting something about it on the forums with Windows 8, but I can't find it.