ID:1291652

Resolved
BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Opera 9.80
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
For a while when I started up the pager it would load fine and work well, recently (last few days) now it won't load! I click on the icon to start up the byond pager, the black box shows up and says byond and then it sits there and won't go anywhere, the most it does is load a white box then my computer says byond isn't responding and it shuts down.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.Start up byond pager,
2.Cry Because it doesn't work.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:Byond pager starts up so I can play games and use the chat etc.

Actual Results:It won't load up and sits idle no matter how long I wait.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time now.
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?I am not sure I think my sister mentioned the same issue but it may just be me.

When does the problem NOT occur? I didn't up until a few days ago.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

It worked in this version and all other versions but the most recent doesn't work now :P

Workarounds:I attempted to fix it by restarting my PC and reinstalling the Byond Pager and neither worked :P and my browser won't let me play games unless the pager is up so I'm kinda screwed.

oh god why do people put their responses -inside- the bold tags?!

anyways, have you tried clearing your BYOND cache, and delete the pager folder in the BYOND user directory?
You may have corrupted files that BYOND doesn't automatically remove when reinstalling, for the sake of saving time ^^

(Most likely if there was corruption, it'd be in the cache)

I've only recently started using the new client (version 499.1193), and I haven't run into any problems like that, and I'm running Windows 7 (Basic on my main computer, but I have had it on a computer with Pro for a few days, as well).

This may not work for you, but it's worth a try. To uninstall BYOND files manually, you'll need to goto the main directory. This is defaultly located at C:\Users\[user]\Documents\BYOND for Windows users. Delete all the files in there, or if you want to keep your game data, just delete the cache folder and see if that works.

Sorry, if no work. Good luck, friend.
I uninstalled it from the program files then reinstalled it from scratch and it works perfectly now :) thanks guys!

The Issue is resolved and if anyone has the issue again just follow the steps in this thread! :)
Glad to have been of assistance :)
Lummox JR resolved issue