ID:1291973

BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 29.0.1535.3
Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.

I sent four messages - only 2 show up on the website, assuming LordAndrew only received 2 as well, because he had no knowledge of the link I sent him.
I'm pretty sure I understand what's happening here. The good news is that it's not a hub or software bug; it's a website bug, although I'll need to make some db modifications to help fix it. Had LordAndrew been on the pager at the time I think he would have seen these messages. (Because of the nature of the bug, I'll change this from 493.1193 to web, but I'll leave it here in Beta Bugs for the time being.)

What I believe happened here is not a software or hub bug, but a website bug, and it was triggered by the rapid-fire sending of your messages. The first three messages probably reached the hub within the same second, and got recorded with the same timestamp. Unfortunately I didn't build the "build post" behavior with more than a second of resolution and these were interpreted as being the same message; moreover, the current table setup won't put them in order.

This would seldom have showed up on the old pager only because it was much more difficult in the interface to send three or four messages so quickly--nevertheless it would have appeared in some cases where messages got bunched up. Probably in the past, people often waited to see delivery confirmation of their message before sending the next one anyway, whereas 499 shows you the outgoing message before it confirms delivery to give you instant feedback.