ID:1292158

Having problem playing ss13, just downloaded and installed BYOND and tried joining ss13 game and stuck with "your game is starting". Any help?
Have you tried clearing your cache and any other files that might have stuck? This is a pretty common cause, I think. It's usually one specific file if the cache isn't the problem, but I can't think of the file name right now; so sorry about that.
how would i go about doing that
Open your pager > Click the Gear icon in the Top Right > Click Preferences > Click the Games tab > Clear Cache

As for the clearing of files, that's a bit trickier, so hopefully the cache fixes things. Let everyone know here in a response whether it does or does not, please.
Hi, Tommytim4. I'm investigating this issue as well and would like to know if you can provide any other details.

1) The window title should say "BYOND: Your Game Is Starting" as you said. Is there anything else in the window at all? Any text, an ad display, anything?

2) What was the name of the server you tried to join? There are many SS13 servers. I can't rule out a problem connecting to that specific one, although obviously if you're not seeing any message like "Connecting" or "Connection failed" or something, it's not being handled correctly. (Also, did you try any other SS13 servers or any other games?)

3) Did you load the BYOND pager first, or did you just click a join link on the website? Did the pager appear?

4) What operating system are you using?

These answers could help us get to the bottom of your troubles joining the game.
1) I have ad block on as an extension so when I say there are no ads you probably can't take that reliably. There is no other text just a small window with a black screen and that title.

2)I tried multiple servers and all had the same problem. I saw no messages such as "Connection failed".

3) I loaded the BYOND pager first and then search for ss13 and joined a game that way

4) Windows 7

Hope I can be of help :)
Ugh, it's happening again both from BYOND and website and clearing cache isn't working :/
Tried without the ad-blocker? Just putting a random idea out there.
In response to SilencedWhisper
SilencedWhisper wrote:
Tried without the ad-blocker? Just putting a random idea out there.

I use ADBlocker. Unless we do not use the same one, I doubt it could interfere with anything related to BYOND as it is an extension to Chrome. However, it could interfere when the game start launching. Have you tried to launch a game through the BYOND pager? If yes, and it still doesn't work, then SilencedWhisper's idea is not going to be useful in any means. If it does work, use another AdBlocker or it might just be an extension Chrome as automatically put. Try re-downloading and clearing cache. Make sure you don't download any sound/music from games.
Try to go to wherever you've installed BYOND, which by default is I think yourdefaultdrive(usually C)/your username/program files/BYOND and delete that BYOND folder, then reinstall? I think that's how it goes, I'm not as good at remembering this for other users, sadly. I customized mine long ago to make things easier access.
Also, try the latest version as we've fixed a few bugs that might be relevant.
I'm having this problem too!And reinstalling byond doesn't work :(
At this moment, I'm having this same issue. Re-installing doesn't seem to work. Rebooting my computer didn't work, and even using a different account didn't help.

Any new information on this??
AdBlockers are an extensions. Even if you installed them in IE, I don't think it would run in BYOND. I'm not sure if BYOND would run the extensions.
Having the same problem here. I've deleted BYOND, reinstalled, cleared the BYOND cache, cleared the IE cache, and nothing works. What else can I try?
Having exact same problem. No adblocker at all. Tried several servers and games, tried reinstalling. Doesnt work from site or the new launcher. First time I've used this new launcher and it hasn't worked for me as yet. Sorry if this post sounds like a telegram...
Can someone please find a fix for this? If helps at all I'm on Windows 8.1. I'd really like to be able to play with some of my friends, but this seems to be going no where. I have reinstalled, installed beta, cleared cache, all that fun stuff. Do have a couple of questions though. Could it be to do with the fact that Windows 8/8.1 integrates Adobe Flash into IE and IE is not a desktop program but one of the tiles? Don't know much to do with it, just thought that those could be some possible issues. BTW, I did determine that ADblocker was not a problem with a tech buddy of mine. The issue is consistently persistent with myself on 8.1, but a friend of mine has 8 and it happens every now and then, but he can close the window and restart it a couple of times and it will work. Just trying to give as much info as possible so that you guys come up with a possible fix.
Do you have some time right now to do some debugging?
Definitely. Thanks for replying so fast.
Currently downloading a flashplayer plugin, see what happens.
Page: 1 2