ID:1293110

Applies to:BYOND Pager and Games

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Hello there, I have been sitting here thinking about what this site could need and I have come to the conclusion that it would be a really cool idea to implement some kind of voice chatting system into the Pager and possibly a way to program it into a game, Obviously I understand it's a stretch but I think it's a cool idea. My second idea is possibly my favorite but at the same time quite simple, I think for the Resources pop up game owners should be able to customize it to match their game like this...

Thanks you, Gold.
Nah;

You can setup a Teamspeak server, use an empty one, or otherwise.

I don't see it reasonable to attempt to add an entire voice system infrastructure, it would take awhile, might not work well and would make byond take more HDD space then it needs to.
In response to AERProductions
AERProductions wrote:
Nah;

You can setup a Teamspeak server, use an empty one, or otherwise.

I don't see it reasonable to attempt to add an entire voice system infrastructure, it would take awhile, might not work well and would make byond take more HDD space then it needs to.

It was just a thought that popped into my head, it saves time because you always see them people that are complaining about being killed whilst typing in a lot of PvP based games.
It may be convenient for you, no doubt, but it is easier for yourself/others to setup a teamspeak server and ask people to join if they'd like to.

Adding voice options to Byond requires Tom to figure out if he wants to host his own voice servers or find a host for them; Neither of which are good ideas in my opinion.
In response to AERProductions
AERProductions wrote:
It may be convenient for you, no doubt, but it is easier for yourself/others to setup a teamspeak server and ask people to join if they'd like to.

Adding voice options to Byond requires Tom to figure out if he wants to host his own voice servers or find a host for them; Neither of which are good ideas in my opinion.

You make a valid point it was just an idea to help upgrade BYOND to a higher level if you get what I mean, good point though.
In response to Gold94
Gold94 wrote:
AERProductions wrote:

You make a valid point it was just an idea to help upgrade BYOND to a higher level if you get what I mean, good point though.

Yeah, not trying to crush improvement; Just showing some reality that is all.

My thoughts are based on how Battlefield 3 is doing voice, which is through browser plugin and requires them to have a voice server host (which costs money).

It just isn't practical for byond, but someone could offer to setup a teamspeak server and people could join that no doubt (I can host a teamspeak server, btw and was thinking about doing so for my game but haven't decided).
Gold94 wrote:
My second idea is possibly my favorite but at the same time quite simple, I think for the Resources pop up game owners should be able to customize it to match their game like this...

That could be useful, however BYOND usually reserves that for ads. I guess it can be good for when Ads are blocked by a BYOND Member. ++ on that then.

And the VoIP idea can be done on teamspeak.