ID:1293902

I'm taking notes, elementary style in a composition notebook and I'm structuring it like old elementary school lessons with Aims and Do Nows. Though the lessons are right in front of me I'm uncertain whether I should start with development theories (Forum Accounts Guides) or the actual code (DM Guide, + Other hands on focused tutorials?) What do you guys think? I've already taken down DM Guide chapter 1 (:/ though I honestly don't feel it's useful at this point I've read it like 9 times now, do to restarting to relearn.) but since I'm only a chapter in I think now would be a good time to design how I'll structure the lessons.

I'd advise you to read through the entire guide. Maybe even twice. There's going to be things you don't get, and that's okay. Don't stick yourself in one chapter just because of it or you'll get burnt out. Once you've done that, start trying out some small things hands-on in code. Gradually build up. You don't have to make a full-fledged game, start with small "systems". Once you gain more hands-on experience, the Guide will make more sense to you and will teach you many things. Once you have a good grasp on the language itself, delve into the development theories so you have a good head on you when you start trying to make a full-fledged game.
Learn how to read code as "pseudo code".

Say in your head how it functions, basically.
Thank you for responding, I was starting to think my question was too stupid to be answered. I've been reading tutorials a lot and it's helped, but yeah I think reading the guide completely is going to help me a lot more. I'll get to reading.