ID:1294734

Immortal Dream is Bloodocean7's (my brother's) most popular game on BYOND. http://www.byond.com/games/Bloodocean7/ImmortalDream

It's about Alex, a scientist who has lost his memories and must delve deep into the world of his dreams to find them. This lost information is key to saving the outside world from a corrupt corporation that Alex use to work for.

**I'm going to be replacing all of the artwork in this game, so once it's complete you can see my work in action by simply playing the game. :)

I just started doing some concept sketches the other day for the main character-- (Alex) and some monsters. I know quite a few of you wanted to see my pixel work so I decided to slap some up here right quick before I get back to work. :P

I start off with some concept sketches, even though the work will be done in pixels it's essential to get a feel for the character you're going to animate so you can have an idea in your head about how he/she is going to move and react in the game.

For example: Alex is sort of slouched over when I draw him because he doesn't have a great self-esteem or demanding presence. Unlike heroic sprites who are usually very energetic.

This is a 9 frame animation of Alex walking left.

This is what it looks like in motion.
Things to note: He's not shaded yet and his upper body (arms) have yet to be animated. This is just a leg-test.

LOL this is um, my brother's version of Alex. Poor thing. I'm sorry XD I'm so mean-- he did well considering he's a programmer, not an artist. XD

Total time spent on this sprite so far: roughly 6-10 hours.

Hope this helps some of you visualize my abilities-- I simply love to animate *g* so much fun fufufufufufuu <3

Let me know what you guys think! CC is definitely acceptable-- do let me know if you see something that looks 'off' that I didn't catch.

Thanks for reading! ^_^

~Kayla

The project is already done she is just revamping the art.
True! ;w; I did state I haven't done any shading yet, I'll get to it-- for right now I'm just focusing on getting the animation and main components done. :)

"Really like the adventure game style that you're approaching this with. It's pretty close to how the game should look."

Thanks! X3 I thought so too 8D

And it's alright :) I usually don't have any problem with losing motivation X'3 I'm a very determined artist. *w*

By the way, I've heard great things about you from my brother, yut put! :D Nice to meet you!
Offin wrote:
Live alone(Image Beside)

Tom
Nice work there.
Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done.
I liked the original better.

All jokes aside, I like the new look. But like in most of your work that I've seen so far, your contrast is a bit low.
Looks nice Offin :)
I am super excited that she is rehauling my game! The Graphics I made for it are pretty lacking and this will make for a much better experience, as another note I am rehauling the code and making it easier to use (better controls and such) and I would love if you all try it when its ready :) Offin is making huge leaps in the project :)

Bloodocean7.
Blood check your byond pager chat , I sent you a message but byond's pager seems to not report notifications
I am away from home on work at the moment lol so I am using a public computer :P try copy and pasting it and sending it to me again in a message via the website :)
Ill post it in your shoutbox :c.
In response to Mikey Reborn
*goes to BloodOcean7's shoutbox*
Those graphics just made me want to play the game when it comes out.
your roughs are great I love the animated facial expressions, as for the walk cycle the arms could use a little swing in them though you did mention you've yet to animate them. Keep up the good work I look forward to seeing the finished piece!
In response to Dark-DVF
Sorry for the late reply XD life's been busy :P

But omg LMAO poor Tom! XD lsdkjflskjf someone should make a game about being Tom XD
In response to SilencedWhisper
Sorry for the late reply! Life got busy. :P

Thank you! ;w; That is nice of you to say <3 I hope at the end of the overhaul that the game will be much easier on the eyes.

Also much scarier, since we're tweaking the monsters to be freakier when encountered. *w*
In response to D-Cire
(Sorry for the late reply! Life, sdlfslkdfj)

I'm glad you're excited! X3 It gives me motivation to get it done faster ;w; thank you!

I hope its really cool 6w6 <3 worth the wait, you know?
In response to Jordan11
Awww, thank you! X3
That's true! ouo Thank you for pointing it out, if there's something I need to work on it's definitely color theory.

I know a little bit about it but-- I've read up some things about pixel art contrast and how certain colors make or break the pixel art and I do think I need to work on that. XD

I'm glad you like it though! :) lol I can't wait to see it all done so I can work on other games too ;w;
In response to Mikey Reborn
Awww, thanks Mikey! ;w; I'm glad you think so! ^__^ <3
Page: 1 2