ID:1294738

BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 27.0.1453.110
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
It appears that when connecting to a new game with large RSC (40 mb+) that the process of downloading the RSC is obscure and hidden... For example, during the testing of Epic: Legends last night, the "Downloading Resources" splash screen was only shown for about the first MB of the RSC download, then the game's "skin" would be shown before RSC was finished downloading, and while the rest of the game continued to download in the background, there was no visual or textual feedback anywhere... It was only when I went to Options & Messages (which can be hidden in some cases!!) that I could see I was still downloading resources for the game.

I think we need some way to show this in our own "gamified" way... I would like to show a "loading bar" using my game's UI so that it fits with the theme of the game, and we have a sure-fired way of informing the player what's currently happening instead of having a lot of people wondering what's going on, trying to reinstall byond, and all kinds of other non sense.

To recap, I'm just asking for one of two things:
A. The built-in splash screen "Downloading Resources" stays up longer until the RSC is fully downloaded instead of switching to the SKIN as soon as its available causing confusion to the player...

OR

B. We are given a way to access the progress bar values and can show them in some video-game themed way, with our own UI... This would have to be something that resides inside the skin file, as that's the only thing that would be immediately available (the skin dwonload could also become priority download first.)

I guess this isn't a problem for people who don't have BYOND and are installing the game with BYONDexe installer or other-client.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I haven't been able to reproduce this in 499.1194, when joining a fairly resource-intensive game like Space Station 13. Can you provide any other details and a full version number?

I'd specifically like to know if an ad played or if you had them disabled.
I had ads disabled.

The game in which this happened to me was "Epic: Legend" and the RSC was about 46 MB