ID:1294911

Hi, I've managed to get BYOND working fairly well through Wine. The only problem I have left to solve is that all windows that pop up in-game are blank (or display what was behind them) making the game unplayable. BYOND runs smoothly otherwise, it's just the Issue with the windows.

If anyone else is stuck in earlier stages of installing byond I can probably give some tips if you say what you have issues with. (The info I used to get my install working was spread far and wide).
I'm not familiar with Wine or Linux, but I do know Space Station 13 uses browser elements for the pop-up windows, and BYOND uses Internet Explorer as its browser. If they're not rendering. it may have something to do with that.
In response to LordAndrew
Thanks a bunch, you're awesome. I didn't realize it used ie. I installed it and now it works perfectly. Finally I can play ss13 again, so happy I could shit rainbows. Cheers.
Trying to run byond on Mac OSX 10.6.8, wine version 1.5.28, have solved every problem except that the framerate is extremely slow. Tried turning on hardware acceleration but nothing renders unless that's off. also tried several other versions of WINE (I use playonmac) and they didn't affect the framrate at all. I hear this is a pretty common problem for anyone running bynd on wine, can anyone give me a hand?