ID:1295691

The Arrow is for my new game it is suppose to be a arrow please give your feedback i am new at doing pixel art this was done in Photoshop.

EDIT:
Thanks for the feedback now this is horrible i will say and am new at art in anyway but here comes my Quadropus

Gots kinda a blur.. did you save it as a Gif? if so don't save it as a PNG. Also for beginning Pixel Artist i suggest starting with something other than PS. try MS Paint or something first or at least try the Byond DMI editor instead. Looks pretty simple tho i'd add some more lighting to it.
PNG
MS Paint is something you use when you're a beginner. But I've seen some good pixel artist use MS paint too(Zete, Gold94,etc.). Photoshop is more handy, especially when it comes to effects. Though it was not really made for Pixel Art(I think..). If you want something that was made FOR pixel art.. I recommend Graphics Gale. I think there's a free edition. You can also buy it to support the company that made it.

Photoshop is what makes the pixel art fancy. So if that's the type you're searching, then Photoshop is your thing.

If you're searching for pixel art, but you are the type who's new and like simple, MS Paint.

If you're searching something that was MADE for pixel art, then it's Graphics Gale.

You can also use a bit of all of them. You make the concept on MS paint. You add the animation on Graphics Gale and the details. Last but not least, you add the fancy effects, etc. The three software I gave(well one that Galactic Soldier recommend) are excellent to get you started.

Though, it's all about personal preferences. I love MS Paint for its simpleness. Photoshop for its effects and Graphic Gales, well it's more handy for animation, in my opinion. If you're using DM's Icon Maker then it's obviously not letting you go to a full extent of your skills. Photoshop is the most professional, it'll let you use anything ;)
Graphics Gale is Amazing Pixel art Program i use it all the time
In response to Dark-DVF
Dark-DVF wrote:
MS Paint is something you use when you're a beginner.

http://imgur.com/a/OkBVt

All of this is done in paint. I use a little bit of blender and photoshop for batching and rendering complex, repetitive animations, as well as use a few programs I wrote in BYOND to do batch importing, cropping, rotation, color hotswapping, etc.

But yeah, for the most part? I draw in paint.
In response to Dark-DVF
MS Paint > Photoshop, if anything, Photoshop is for beginners, and brings about colors abuse and many issues that can be remedied by using something as basic as MS Paint.