ID:1295833

photo Sign_zps80ebfa47.png

Err, Well this will be my first post into this section of BYONDs forum so hey! This is suppose to be the main board for various mission / quests. Constructive criticism is always welcome :).

I got the idea from Fairy Tail's request board

The idea has been around long before Fairy Tail was even a idea itself. It works in a lot of games. Since this is the art & sound section, I have to assume your post is about feedback on the art, however, and I have to say 'meh'. I'm not much of a artist myself, so I'm not going to try and give you pointers, because I'd probably be wrong on half of it. However, this just seems like 'on-the-wall' 3-D game perspective, which doesn't work with BYOND well. You'll have to re-design it to meet top-down or isometric game sytles, even then(here's where I might be wrong), I don't see where the light source is supposed to be.

^All of this assuming it's for a BYOND game^
I prefer his over yours. In styles.
Alright, Thank all for the helpful comments I will try to get to redoing it but right now I am more focused on other things for now.
Here you go dude, I thought I'd make you a request board thing because I know how hard things can be it's only a quick one so it's not perfect but it's an improvement on what you've got. You don't need to use it, you can just use it as a reference if you really want to.

http://puu.sh/3iVzo.png

Your Pal, Gold.
Looks really good. I think I will try and make something similar to your edit.

-- I noticed the middle part is sort of a photoshop effect? I could be wrong but yeah it looks nice anyways I will be sure to use it as a reference.
In response to HavenDev
HavenDev wrote:
Looks really good. I think I will try and make something similar to your edit.

-- I noticed the middle part is sort of a photoshop effect? I could be wrong but yeah it looks nice anyways I will be sure to use it as a reference.

I know Gold. He isn't the Photoshop guy. He's the MS paint guy.

"It's up to you man" ~Gold94
yeah it wasn't a bash in anyway. I just mentioned it because of this huge color pallet color pallet. ~ http://prntscr.com/1ap81o
In response to HavenDev
HavenDev wrote:
yeah it wasn't a bash in anyway. I just mentioned it because of this huge color pallet color pallet. ~ http://prntscr.com/1ap81o

Lololol! Don't use DM's icon maker. That's the worst idea ever. No one does that, MS Paint is 500 times better than this software(No offense to Tom or Dan. If you read that).
In response to Dark-DVF
Dark-DVF wrote:
Lololol! Don't use DM's icon maker. That's the worst idea ever. No one does that, MS Paint is 500 times better than this software(No offense to Tom or Dan. If you read that).
Lol okay Thanks for the heads up. :)
Also, BYOND doesn't have much Pixel Artist. I don't mind you posting on BYOND. Though, it would be wise if you did it on Way of the Pixel and PixelJoint too
In response to Dark-DVF
Dark-DVF wrote:
HavenDev wrote:

You're actually quite wrong. The built in pixel editor has many functions that MSPaint can only hope for, sadly. It's good for what it does.
Guy, this isn't the time to create a discussion over what's more useful and such. Don't get off topic now, and give him some criticism.
In response to VixiV
VixiV wrote:
Guy, this isn't the time to create a discussion over what's more useful and such. Don't get off topic now, and give him some criticism.

Agreed, this is an Art and Sound post. If you're gonna argue then argue on the pager instead of spamming the poor kids post.
In response to VixiV
VixiV wrote:

OK! So now you want to go off-topic of us going off-topic
Yut Put wrote:
Vrocaan wrote:
Dark-DVF wrote:
HavenDev wrote:

You're actually quite wrong. The built in pixel editor has many functions that MSPaint can only hope for, sadly. It's good for what it does.

Propaganda. The point tool fails and the program runs stupidly slow with large canvases.

I use it when I'm making animations on the fly, though. But it's not even good for animating because there's no onion skin feature.

That's what I said, but I deleted my post...
quest board should be wall mounted indoors and 4way directional outdoors. havent been on my cpu in 2days so no edit yet... sad day.
I like the image and colors although the perspective is off for a BYOND game -if it is for one-. A lazy edit by me would include just adding a smaller rectangular piece to the top of the board and coloring it a lighter shade. Then add some dithering between the board and the new-added "top".
I'm implying that there's a norm of a sort and this fails to follow through. Like isometric games. Still BYOND, not much of the norm sadly though. For pure 2-D possibly sidescroller that art looks fine.
You don't need any criticism. It's not perfect, but it's still great. If you're producing work like this, be happy! This is more than good enough; get on with the next piece of work and finish your game!