ID:1296547

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
My god.. I just conjured up yet another idea. What if.. for the BYOND contributions.. we each had a team? Huh? A team we could form ourselves and invite people if we want. And the amount of money we pour in raises our teams ranks. :| I'd donate so much money. :) Hehe.
No.
I respect your opinion but.. May I have an explanation why?
Teka would win. Teka wins enough. Plus, it's just not a good idea. If anything, they should bring the old guilds and blogs back if they're gonna do 'group' things.

Anyway, it's not a competition to donate large amounts, Tom's even spoken out against that behavior. He wants more people to donate, not people to donate more. Plus, giving ranks for teams when it's probably one or two people that're doing the donating for the team, bad idea. I don't think it's worth it.
He made the leaderboards after I spoke about turning BYOND itself in to a game. And showing the leaderboards was one of the ideas. I don't know..
In response to Xirre
Even if Tom did speak out against such things the "leaderboards" do kinda make people donate more instead of more people donating. meh
I suspect we're probably fine at the moment, in the donation regard. I'd probably much rather time was devoted to developmental issues instead.

From a point of merits, I do have some concerns that this crosses the line between saying thank you to contributors for their contributions, and into the realm of sketchy competitive money scheme. I'd also have concerns that this kind of thing further takes focus off the point of BYOND, making and playing games.