ID:1296722

BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 27.0.1453.110
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
In every byond game i play, that has a "Message of the Day" button to show the window. or a "Who" list. or even a scoreboard. when clicking on the verb, the specific window opens. but when i close it. then try to open it again. it never opens. sometimes it doesn't even open the first time. It only happens on v499. When i revert back to 498. its perfect. At first, i thought it was only happening to me, as everyone else never had a problem with it, until today, when someone else on a game i play, mentioned the exact same issue.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Every game that has those verbs.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? I've tried on my current PC, my spare PC, and my two Laptops.

When does the problem NOT occur? When i use v498

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) v498 was perfect. the issue happens on every other release of v499.
It would help Tom if you included the specific version of 499 you are using.

I am running 499.1194 and this is not happening to me at all, have you got a specific game this is occurring in that I can test?
its happened on every release of 499 so far. i currently have the 499.1194 as i had to reinstall byond recently. and i do have a specific game, that this happening on, which i'm a co owner of... however, the type of game it is, is... uh... kinda shunned... since its dbz =\ and it wouldn;t surprise me that it doesn;t happen to you, since as i said, i thought it was only happening to me, until one other person on my game was having the same issue. so it seems to only affect very few people.
It doesn't matter what kind of game it is, I just want to join it and test to see if it is working for me or not.
It is working fine for me. I can use the who verb and the message of the day verb multiple times and they show up every time.
figures. i honestly don't know why it does it... i've reinstalled byond numerous times... however, it ALWAYS does it to me... unless i revert back to 498... thats the only time it works perfectly... so i honestly don;t know.
Have you tried clearing cache?

On the pager go settings > preferences > games > clear cache and relog and see if that works (although I doubt it).
yeah. i've tried. i've tried every possible thing that i could think of... ever since the first release of 499... since then, 499 has been updated... still does it to me...just now, only one other person it happens to... so either way, i either put up with it... or go back to 498 and not have the background compiling =\
Hmm I guess I can't do much any more, I have tested as much as I could and Tom knows that it doesn't happen to everyone, we can only wait for him to reply to this post.
yeah. oh well, thanks for taking the time to reply and trying.
That's okay, hopefully it makes things a little easier for Tom as well.
What version of Internet explorer do you have? It sounds like an ie issue, have you uninstalled it?

BYOND uses ie for any browser stuff.
i have internet explorer 10
what the... well that was odd. i installed flash player for IE. and it was all working fine... then as soon as i moved my byond game to my third monitor, Who, MotD and Scoreboard broke again o.O
--reinstalled v498-- ... not a problem at all... ugh
In response to SABERxEXCALIBUR
SABERxEXCALIBUR wrote:
what the... well that was odd. i installed flash player for IE. and it was all working fine... then as soon as i moved my byond game to my third monitor, Who, MotD and Scoreboard broke again o.O

There is an issue with multiple monitor set ups, I've experienced this. The windows DO appear...just off screen.

float around the right most edge of the right most monitor, the mouse should pick up the edge of a window which is hopefully resizable, so you can stretch it enough to move it.
There was a change to the embedded IE setup that was necessary for the new pager, and that seems to have caused some issues for users, so maybe we can have it revert to the old behavior when used outside of the pager. I will consult with Lummox JR on that and we can see what the options are.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
There is an issue with multiple monitor set ups, I've experienced this. The windows DO appear...just off screen.

float around the right most edge of the right most monitor, the mouse should pick up the edge of a window which is hopefully resizable, so you can stretch it enough to move it.
i DID notice that it would appear right on the 4th monitor sometimes when my client forced me to relog. then also noticed, if i opened those windows on the first monitors initially, then move the client to the third monitor, those windows will continue to appear on the first monitor... as long as i don;t move them again =\
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
There was a change to the embedded IE setup that was necessary for the new pager, and that seems to have caused some issues for users, so maybe we can have it revert to the old behavior when used outside of the pager. I will consult with Lummox JR on that and we can see what the options are.
Ah ok. well at the moment, i can somewhat figure out how to keep those windows from disappearing. So i'll put up with it until then. thanks for taking the time to reply, guys.

Page: 1 2