I just don't understand why everyone just saw every single bad thing about those policies.
Those policies were not that bad, in fact, those policies are going to be taken by both systems.....
In response to Koxmok
I don't see how "login to your xbox everyday otherwise we revoke your rights to use something you've paid 500+ dollars for and continually pay money to use + and allow us to secretly collect information on you" can be considered good?
In response to Dariuc
They removed that.
In response to Albro1
Yea I know. And I'm glad, cuz that's ridiculous. Koxmox is just saying he didn't think those policies were "bad". Since when is invasion of privacy a good thing? (well to ppl who aren't hackers.) Just wanted to rebuff my earlier point since he was like "oh you guise it's just signing your life away via the internetz"
In response to Koxmok
Koxmok wrote:
Those policies were not that bad, in fact, those policies are going to be taken by both systems.....

There is no good in these policies. They aren't even necessary. In fact, they're only to control us. What good comes from forcing us to check in online every 24 hours? None, it's to control us. What about restricting what we can do with the physical copies of games that we buy? None, it's to control us. If anything, it empowers game-making companies to screw us over. How about region locking consoles and/or games? Nothing good comes from it, it's completely unnecessary; it's to control us.

There is nothing good for the consumer in these policies. That's why there was so much backlash and why Microsoft got rid of them. The fact that they did get rid of them also shows how unnecessary they were. This will be a lesson for video game companies in the future, and these policies won't be catching on any time soon.

In response to Fugsnarf
Sadly I disagree with one point. I think microsoft is deadset on applying these features. I think they "say" they are removing the features-- and then later on down the road I think they plan to re-implement them. That's just the impression I get but maybe I'm being a little too paranoid. Then again, they did just try to exert complete control as you mentioned so..meh. Either way I completely agree with what you said on all other points.
Page: 1 2