ID:13002

Keywords: atheism
here.

It's about atheism.
Isn't that beating the point of Athiesm ? Personaly I'm an Athiest to get out of the whole discussion crap with religion and shit, and someone goes and makes a website on it which is much more than I can be bothered to handle. Jeez, I'll just go buddist.

Yeah, I'm rambling crap, what was the question again ?
It's a reason why atheists are generally unliked and made fun of. Because they like to sit and debate about little insignificant details that don't matter. Now, i'm not attacking the site, I only glanced over it, but seriously, why not just summarize it. Unfortunately, i've found that just saying "your religion is a bunch of lies and fairy tales" does a lot more than giving them 5 essays on the logical impossibility and blah blah blah.
Athiesm is becoming a cult or religion in it's own now. I just say I don't believe in god. No, not Atheist, just not a believer.
I'd recommend you delete that comment before you get absolutely flamed BigBoiD. Anytime someone's made that comment in the past, it sparks a little debate of it's own.
Unfortunately, i've found that just saying "your religion is a bunch of lies and fairy tales" does a lot more than giving them 5 essays on the logical impossibility and blah blah blah.

This is just me, but speaking as a Christian I'd much rather listen to someone type up 5 intelligent essays on my religion's flaws than hear them throw around the overused "PINK UNICORN FAIRYTALES!" flamebait. They're almost as annoying as "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL YOU SINNER!"

I say almost as annoying against "my side" because lots of people like to make generalizations about everything, and that particular one tries to clump me in as well. :/
Because some people don't consider ignorance to be a valid standpoint, Acebloke.
Yeah Sarm, I didn't exactly mean PINK UNICORN FAIRYTALES LOL, I meant just short and to the point, but I suppose it's just being in a high school type environment, in which many of the christians are idiotic.
I just love some of the articles there. They're hilarious. The one on the concept of a god-of-the-gaps is brilliant "Don't mind the deity behind the curtain". And the bits where he makes an analogy between the christian God and a mafia racketeer is also pretty good - "Nice soul you've got there. I'd hate to see it damned for all eternity".

Basically, Solbad, It's just a collection of (fairly short) essays on various topics relating to atheism.

Incidentally, BigBoid, Atheism fails all the tests for being a religion. It doesn't have priests or holy men or women, it doesn't have holy land, it doesn't have particular practices, it doesn't have a holy book, it isn't a religion. Not even strong atheism.
Wow, I thought that site was really insightful. All the points the author made, along with the extra articles made great points. The almighty perfect GOD we all know made mistake after mistake. I think that in the time of jesus they couldnt come up with a solution of why the human race is here, why any of this is here. So they made up GOD, its so easy to just fall for it. Anything we cant explain, or seems impossible we just say well... its GOD he can do anything he wants to. And the very fact that the human race is built upon something that we are so unsure of is sad. If you think about it, Maybe jesus just knew some tricks like some modern Magisions know today. 2000 years ago he would have seemed like a god. And people like David Blaine preform mind twisting tricks also. And maybe Jesus was crazy? and made all that up. All this is possible and really gets me thinking O.o.
Incidentally, BigBoid, Atheism fails all the tests for being a religion.

Except for the one about its adherents devoting their time, talent, and treasure to bringing the message to the unconverted.

And maybe the one about having special knowledge of the most important conceivable metaphysical truth.

Other than that, sure, it's nothing like a religion.
I'm not saying atheism is a religion

a is a prefix meaning lacking which when added to theism basically means lacking belief in god or religion.

But.... I looked at the website and I liked how it gave an "atheist code of conduct and ethics."

Haha that made me laugh.