ID:1300492

Is 904x704 an okay window size? (Not too large?)

The window cannot be resized, I was just wondering if this would be an okay size or if it would be too large, as I've run into that issue before (non-resizable screen that was too large for most computers)

Unfortunately, I myself am using a computer with a giant monitor so I can't really tell :|

EDIT:

Lets change that size to 968 x 748 ;D
I would suggest having as many options as possible.
I have my computer hooked up to my television, so due to the distance I normally sit from it, I use a resolution of 1280x720. I agree with Jittai, if you really intend on users not being able to maximize the window, then I would make it so you can select the size you want it to be.

I prefer games that allow me to maximize the window, even if all the elements are then centered (such as Teridal) as I find having space at the sides quite distracting.
I personally am trying to design my game quite professionally. With it being multiplayer this presents a bit of a problem. If you don't ensure that the map size is always the same size no matter how big the players screen is; players with a larger screen are going to have a bit of a FOV advantage. This is even something that happens in recent MMORPGs that you can change the FOV, One player can see things further away then others. On the other hand you need to ensure that icons look good when streatched. BYOND doesn't use a great algorithm and honestly anything outside the aspect ratio (32x32 , 64x64, 96x96) looks absolutely terrible. My goal is to make it one of my options to change the screen size and design the interface slightly different for each of them. It is something that is going to take a while to polish but it is the most fair idea for all players. I used 928 x 512 as the default because this felt like a safe 16:9 value.