ID:1300939

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Why: WELL, after seeing the topic here, being around twitch.tv, and trying to pitch improvements to the subscription system, I figure BYOND might want to think about the twitch.tv perspective of ads.

Request: Include a 'remove ads' check-box as a subscriptions option for developers, automatically increasing the price set by a set amount(like $2 a month or something), to remove ads for subscribers.
But you can already turn off ads as a BYOND Member in your options...
In response to Rushnut
I know, I did for awhile. I just turned that off a few days ago.

The request effects non-members more. Maybe this could even make being a member more appealing with subscriptions; 'become a Member and save $_.__/month for supported games'(which would be all the games who offer the removal of ads per subscriber, for a bumped price).
Oh I see, you mean that a BYOND member that has a game can pay extra to have ads not even show up for non members on their game?

Hm, not a bad shout, I guess.
In response to Rushnut
Not exactly, it's a subscription thing, where subscribers to the game can remove ads by just having a subscription, but the subscription will have a mandatory minimum amount to even out for the loss of ad views vs subscriptions like this. BUT, since BYOND Members already have the perk of disabling ads, this would also offer a discount for members buying subscriptions, since they already have one of the perks of being a subscriber, which could be somewhat of a incentive to buy a membership, if buying subs for multiple games.

Kinda like the discounts on playstation plus, where it displays the two prices; member's price, and regular sub price. Could even allow us to set lower prices for members who are subbing.

Paying a fee to remove ads on your games is also a rather good idea itself and should probably be a feature request in itself.