ID:1302717

What I have in mind is a RPG game that uses the traditional TopDown view for the world map while leveraging Isometric view during battles similar to Final Fantasy Tactics.

To some extent, I was able to do this by creating separate projects for different views while using Topic, Import, Export procs.

Is there a better way to achieve this?

Assuming I'm stuck with what I am currently doing, do I need to publish both projects?

If anyone can point me to the right direction I would certainly be grateful.
Have you tried changing map settings in-game? Like swapping their modes upon battle to world maps transitions?
No I haven't. I'll try it out.
You wouldn't have to publish both projects. All BYOND games can be played, joined, hosted, etc. without a hub. You'd have to make sure both are being hosted simultaneously and link to each other properly.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
You wouldn't have to publish both projects. All BYOND games can be played, joined, hosted, etc. without a hub. You'd have to make sure both are being hosted simultaneously and link to each other properly.

Thanks, I've been leaning more towards this approach.

Can anyone share their ideas on the advantages/disadvantages of using either approach?
You could also just do that maths for isometric positioning at run-time. and 'fake' the iso view.