ID:1303459

BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 27.0.1453.116
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If I have constant communication by opening a socket, writing data, reading a response, then closing the socket and starting the process all over again between an iPhone and world/Topic() using sockets and the iPhone receives a failed response world/Topic() is unreachable from that point unless I reboot the BYOND client.
I think this is coming from your client making too many requests, too quickly, to the server. world/Export() and world/Topic() has built-in spam protection designed to protect against attacks. I'd lay odds that's what's happening.
In response to Lummox JR
I don't suppose there is a way around that. I noticed there is a persists setting for world.Export but that's when sending messages to a world. The iPhone is the client sending messages to the server and isn't listening for any incoming requests except a reply from world/Topic().

If there is no way around it I added in a feature request: ID:1303731

If it's not a tedious task I would like to see it in sooner than later so I can help games have some way to communicate with iOS devices with more advanced features such as a minimap.
The persist setting mostly just leaves the port open. Why not leave the port open?
To conserve battery, I don't want to keep the connection open if I don't have to.
You could keep the connection open over short stretches, and disable it periodically when nothing is going on.