ID:1303685

Poll: Do you think responses to Classified Ads should be limited to the BYOND Pager?

Yes 55% (10)
No 38% (7)
Indifferent 5% (1)

Login to vote.

Well, I personally am not a fan of how the responses to Classifieds go straight to the pager. It leaves no room for discussion amongst the community. Granted some of the ads out there like to keep the details personal, but can't we get a say in whether to keep it strictly Private of Public?

Private - Responses are Pager-sided
Public - Responses are Forum-sided

This is just a thought I had. I never post in classifieds because I barely need so much that I have a person personally contact me. And, I kinda do not like the pager. It's not my thing. So what do you think BYOND?
I wouldn't mind seeing the forum opened back up on the classifieds again. The worst that could happen is that someone gets trolled because they have a really bad idea.
The problem was, we had to spend 99% of our moderation time moderating Classified Ads, it was switched to the pager to remove the need to moderate more than the initial posts.
Any time I've responded to a classified ad, I did it from the pager to begin with. I just think it's a better way to go about contacting them. Read the ad, and if you're interested you can email your page them. Simple enough.
Barely anybody realizes that it goes to the pager anyways. Has anyone else noticed how many people say "reply here" or "post here" in their ad? I guess the fact that it goes to the pager just isn't...made known enough.
In response to Albro1
I guess a lot of people assume that it's going to be a regular post especially since when you create a new post on Classified Ads it says :

New Post and Forum post with the orange background.

Some clarification might be needed, I think OP should have the option of having it open or to the pager.

I find that open is easier to track, but is open to criticism/trolling.

To the pager is more personal, hard to track (if you get a lot of replies) still open to criticism/trolling which you have to weed out of the pager replies, and allows a lot of scammers? I'll just call them scammers to "sell" their ripped artwork or whatever they may be doing.

Having open classified ads has in the past stopped some posters from being ripped off by these scammers that claim other peoples artwork or code etc, when not being knowledgeable of these things you are vulnerable.

I think I've made some good cases here and hopefully they will be read by the oh so important one that could change the website ;)