ID:1304597

I recently got a new motherboard and power switch for my HP tm2t tablet PC to get it up and running again.

I was looking into using a linux-based OS on it just to try things out. I found Zorin OS, an Ubuntu based linux OS that's catered towards people who are familiar with Windows. I thought this would be a perfect idea for me since I have only ever used Windows and some Mac OSX.

I am currently downloading Zorin OS 6.2 Lite and Unetbootin to make a Live USB form of Zorin OS just so I can try it out.

The main reason I am making this post is to ask your guys' opinion(s) on Zorin OS. I read through google that Zorin OS is indeed compatible with touch screen (maybe not specifically with the tm2t, but I'll find out). I just want to know if anyone currently uses Zorin OS and can offer some advice and/or heads up regarding the OS.
I've never heard of Zorin before, it looks ... not very nice tbh.

It all comes down to what you want to use it for?

Ubuntu isn't hard and is more of an entry level OS for those that switch, you don't need to know how to use the terminal to install most things on Ubuntu, the package manager holds thousands of games, applications and etc

Ubuntu is also available on phones / tablets - http://www.ubuntu.com/tablet - on certain devices - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install

That's not to say you shouldn't install Zorin, but Ubuntu is no harder to learn than Mac OSX.
Now that I have tried messing with it for a little while today, I can honestly say I'm not a fan of it. I guess it's because I am too used to Windows and how simple things are handled on it. I'm sure if I give it some more time and maybe have someone show me the ropes, I can learn to use it.

However, from what I can tell, the drivers for the touchpad and the touch screen are very out of whack on my HP tm2t. The right click function does not work on the touchpad, and there is no multi-touch support for both the touchpad and touch screen. There might be drivers out there some where, however.

On a different note, ATHK. What version of Linux would you recommend for someone like me, who has never used Linux before, and has always used Windows.
Again, it depends on what you want to use it for...

Ubuntu is simple the installation is a breeze on PC and I doubt that will change for any device.

I kind of wanted to use it as an every day use machine kind of like my big desktop that has Windows 7. Of course I would want to use all of the same applications (through Wine if I have to).
Your big stumbling block there will be games, basically.
That's quite alright since I just plan on doing basic stuff with it and not much gaming. As long as I can get the full touchscreen drivers working and be able to use BYOND and other applications, I will be happy.