ID:1305926

Not a bug
BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 8 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 27.0.1453.116
Applies to:Dream Maker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Cannot copy and paste code in DM but im able to copy and paste on chrome firefox IE etc

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
To be able to copy and paste code in DM

Actual Results:
Cannot copy and paste code

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time
In other games?
Not to my knowledge
In other user accounts?
Yes
On other computers?
Only have one :)

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I'm able to copy and paste without any trouble. What are you trying to copy/paste, and what steps are you following? Are any of the lock keys on (caps lock, etc.)?
Im trying to copy paste any code from within my src and it wont paste but it does copy , and no I dont have caps lock on or any other lock keys.
Are you trying to copy and post code from one environment to another or with-in one environment?
Im trying to copy and paste from within one environment

This was reported in another post to http://www.byond.com/ forum/?post=1129761&hl=copy%20and%20paste#comment4684502
I agree, i can't copy a icon from dream maker and paste it to a different dream maker.
In response to -LuroZain-
You can only copy amd paste 1 icon state at a time from different environments
I'm actually having the inverse of this problem, I can't copy from outputs in >some< games. I know that's arbitrary and unhelpful, but it's also starting to get really annoying when I keep pasting the last thing I said to my friends ;(

Latest BYOND version.
Bump: Will this get fixed ? I also cant copy paste in byond games but anywhere else is fine....
Also, perhaps unrelated but still annoying, It's not possible to copy from the pager's messaging function.
Copying from the pager is a priority of mine, but it's a separate issue and one I can reproduce.

I can't reproduce this issue in DM, which makes a fix rather difficult. Are you certain no other program is interfering with your ability to copy and paste? Even something like an overzealous antivirus program, or some malware? Does copying and pasting via the Edit menu work at all or is it just keyboard shortcuts having the problem?
In response to Lummox JR
It doesnt work via the edit menu either , and I dont think an antivirus program is interfering do to the fact I can copy and paste on any other program and internet browser.
Does copying in DM and pasting elsewhere work? Does copying elsewhere and pasting in DM work? It doesn't make sense that either one would be broken, but it might help narrow down the issue if only one of them is failing.
In response to Lummox JR
Yes , I can copy in DM and paste elsewhere and no I cant copy and paste into DM , it seems to just be a pasting issue.
I'm just posting a followup to this report. We worked together a bit on this to try to determine the cause, but it appears to be something on the system itself. Other Windows 8 users (and sometimes Windows 7 users) have had issues with pasting in CF_TEXT clipboard format, which may be a problem connected to UAC. The problem is most likely a system configuration issue or an interfering program, not anything of BYOND's doing.
Update : While I cannot paste in the newer verisions , the 496 build works fine.
I have not tried with Dream Maker, but I am having issues pasting into Dream Seeker. I cannot paste in the chat/cmd bar at the bottom or into a text box. I've never had this issue with any other computer or version of Byond. Although, this is the first time I've ever played Byond on a computer running Windows 8. I don't know if that's related or not.
There was another thread in which someone found that their security software, Webroot, was the cause of their trouble.
Ahh, well that is in common with my situation. I run Webroot. I downloaded an older version of Byond (500.something) and I can now paste.
Page: 1 2