ID:1306591

Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Anyway to block receiving updates from 'friends'? Cause it gets REALLY annoying being spammed by these people making pointless, annoying, updates. For instance; the one I just received:
"*A wild update just appeared*"

I've had to remove ten people already for making stupid 'updates'.

[EDIT] Moved to BYOND Help.

[EDIT 2] Moved to Feature Request, since it seems there's no way to rule out JUST 'friends' 'updates'.
I agree, I dislike receiving an alert when a guy updates his status, this isn't Twitter. It would be nice if we could set by ourselves the alerts, I prefer the BYOND Site Updates, because you only see the games, messages, and forum posts that were updated, which are more important than random status.
Since people are using them as social status updates, for no reason at all, it'd make more sense to bring back blogs, and allow us to receive updates from blogs we follow, leaving 'updates' for game updates and things of the like. I don't understand why your friends can spam you with 'updates' to themselves.
Very simple to avoid them, turn off your alerts.
In response to LILMESSI18
Doesn't help much, since I still want the alerts. Just not the 'updates' from 'friends'.
If you have the sound on then i could see a problem, but if the con lighting up is a prob that's very interesting. i get a lot of updates and stuff to don't bother me much, but hey everyone's different.

++
In response to LILMESSI18
It's more of a 'flooding my feed tab' issue, but if I had sounds on; it'd be unbearable.
Can you try Un fanning them and se what happens?
In response to A.T.H.K
Am I automatically a fan of everyone on my friends list now?

If so, that DEFIANTLY needs to be changed.
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
Am I automatically a fan of everyone on my friends list now?

Apparently not, just tested with the newest version of BYOND, but later versions may of done this? would be ideal if you checked your friends page http://byond.com/members/friends-ckey - to see if you are a fan or not..