ID:1307119

First allow me to say I am a huge fan of all the new updates and features BYOND has come out with. Though I realize my true desire is to really work on retro based games the tools now implemented make it a lot more interesting.

I am not stuck with this MUD I am working on, and I am having a grand 'ol time with building it too. The question I really want to bring about is that with all these new things we can do with BYOND, what would you think interesting in a MUD that couldn't be done before?

And to not make this seem vague when I say MUD, the one I am working on is loosely resembling and inspired by God Wars 2 to give people a sort of starting thought point.

I'm dying to see what the older gamers say to this.
Almost none of the recent updates really provide much that'll increase the number of things you can do in your MUD, unless you intend on using graphical elements.

Also, I find Godwars 2's spellcast-style combat to be kinda gimmicky, which is the only reason I choose not to play Godwars 2. Initially combat at level 1 can take up to like 10 minutes just based on how lucky you are, and by the middle of the fight, my attention span is over.
In response to Keeth
Keeth wrote:
Almost none of the recent updates really provide much that'll increase the number of things you can do in your MUD, unless you intend on using graphical elements.

Also, I find Godwars 2's spellcast-style combat to be kinda gimmicky, which is the only reason I choose not to play Godwars 2. Initially combat at level 1 can take up to like 10 minutes just based on how lucky you are, and by the middle of the fight, my attention span is over.

I totally agree with that. But mine is just mostly inspired. I got my own plans for spell-casting to sort of resemble their system in how it will look in the interface just not how it functions.

The only graphical elements will be the small dungeon mini-map really though. Which I love how I can do it in the interface.