ID:1311950

BYOND Version:499.1193
Operating System:Ubuntu 12.10 32bit
Web Browser:Chrome 27.0.1453.116
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When joining a game via Telnet you are shown on the hub for a certain amount of time then dropped off suggesting you aren't a client anymore.

This happens the majority of the time, sometimes you aren't registered as a client at all..

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Join - http://www.byond.com/games/Makeii/SimpleChat

Via Telnet (address on hub) refresh hub page and check players on page, it should be either No Players or 1, observe as it removes the player after awhile.

Expected Results:
Telnet clients to be "players" and not be removed from the hub.

Actual Results:
Telnet clients get removed as a player on the hub.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Everytime
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?N/A
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
When you aren't using a Telnet client.

Workarounds:
None
We need a BYOND version for this; obviously the fact of this being a problem has to do with the server.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
We need a BYOND version for this; obviously the fact of this being a problem has to do with the server.

I don't understand ... You can access it via Telnet or DreamSeeker...

Did you even try it before replying?
This isn't a website issue; it's a software issue with the server (Dream Daemon), in that it's clearly not keeping the hub up to date. I need to know which software version we're dealing with, for accounting purposes. Chances are this is not a new bug, of course, but info about the server is a must.
Ubuntu 12.10 32bit
Latest version of BYOND 1197 also happened on 1193 that I've noticed.
Any update on this issue? it's still happening..
I forgot to post an update on this yesterday, but I've looked into this and what might be the issue is that the world's ping to the hub is not resetting the player count properly. That's at the hub end. I need to look into that further but I think that's the crux of the issue.
Thanks for looking into it!
In response to Lummox JR
Just wanted to bump this up as it's still happening, any word on a fix?