killthemall

by Yut Put
kill zombies. in a randomly generated mall. with pretty much anything.
ID:1313036

Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I really feel like this game would benefit from it being... Smaller? A larger view with a smaller icon size. Currently a lot happens and, whilst not inately hard to track, it's disorientating at times.

I'd also love to play this, but with like, some persistent stats, but I guess that goes against the nature of the game.
I could definitely try that.

Gonna be honest, I don't like the change, even though it was simple to make. Things feel too spacey.
Also, I don't know if it's just me but, it feels far too... Easy.

The game isn't "Play until you die", it's "Play until you've won, and try to get the highest score possible".

That's bad design philosophy in my opinion. I feel like Zombies should move a lot quicker, and that hordes should pose a real threat. Think Hotline Miami: Killing people in that game with melee, is a case of sneaking, using the environment or otherwise throwing the weapon.
In response to Yut Put
Yeah, I agree that does feel empty. I feel like, if the game client itself wasn't so big, and the icons so hueg, it wouldn't be an issue either, finding the right balance might require some testing but, for me at least, it would turn the game from "something interesting yut put made" to a game I'd actually enjoy playing and competing on.
Hmm. I tried to make decisions important by making the score depend strongly on them, and death is rather unforgiving if the majority of a player's goals revolve around scoring.

I'm not sure how I'd make the zombies more difficult without making them stupidly difficult and unfair. Perhaps I could add more zombie types?

I'm really limited with the varieties of sizes I can do. It's either 4x(the default), 2x(that one i posted), or 1x, which is stupidly small.

Anyway, I updated fixing that runtime error and a bug with round scoring.
But that's making the score the focus of the game, not the gameplay.

If a game in which you use interesting methods to accumulate score, is the game you're trying to make, then fair enough, but I personally am not of the opinion that big and flashy numbers are particularly fun.
That came off as more aggressive than I intended it, don't get me wrong the game's a neato little thing, but it's just that. I feel like it COULD be much more fun.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
But that's making the score the focus of the game, not the gameplay.

umm, well, thats what an arcade game essentially is. short play session, try to beat your high score. getting a high score and surviving *is* game-play.
I accept that but when you look at arcade games they generally have gameplay that is more than, walk forwards spamming attack because you'll never die.

Arcade games are generally notoriously hard.
I feel like I should clarify my point here, arcade games are games with face paced punchy action (Normally)

This is "Click LMB, receive points", with no real thought process aside from deciding what weapon to use.