ID:1314922

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I think the game updates section should have options to toggle whether or not you want to see updates from non-listed games.

Considering we have no forum dedicated to project discussion, and the fact that I think it actually makes more sense to let game hubs serve that purpose, I think game updates should actually be globally viewable regardless of the game's hub status.

I don't know if having the option to toggle display of non-listed games in the game updates section makes sense, cause then people have to make an active effort to see some game updates... but I think we definitely need a way to post updates on projects that is visible to everyone.
So what, if people are truly interested to see updates to their favorite games they could put in the effort. I think doing it this way would be great, and I would love to see it happen.
+1

Twice now I've had a project where I've wanted feedback or other discussion, without the game being nearly completed. It would be excellent if unlisted game hubs could still post to the game updates section.

If not that, then at least a forum itself dedicated to discussion of projects/games.
I dig it.
Just FYI, we're kind of doing away with the whole concept of "listing" and replacing it with just the idea that games can be assigned tags (currently by mods, but that might be extended to the community in the future). I do think it makes sense to have all updates crossposted here so that there is a natural place for game-specific discussion. Maybe we can have the tag filter up above as well so it would mimic the games front page.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Just FYI, we're kind of doing away with the whole concept of "listing" and replacing it with just the idea that games can be assigned tags (currently by mods, but that might be extended to the community in the future). I do think it makes sense to have all updates crossposted here so that there is a natural place for game-specific discussion. Maybe we can have the tag filter up above as well so it would mimic the games front page.

I would love that truthfully.

In response to Tom
An even better idea would be to just allow free posting within the Game Updates forum, and give users the option of applying a hub to it or not.

That way game updates and information is all centralized, but still has the neat features it currently has.