ID:1315161

I'm trying to improve iconning and wanted to know how I could make this base better, any helpful advice is welcome, trolls are not.
Bases are really hard for me, and I think most people. Perhaps re-look at the head's anatomy.
Depends how much you want to improve it, color possibly, the arms might need cleaned up and more shading with more contrast perhaps. I think it might look odd because the guy has what looks to me like a fit torso and rest doesn't seem to look fit also. If you stare it for too long it looks like the lighter colors form a tinier man inside the outlining color. But you don't have to do any of that he can work as he is if you want, just pointing out things that could possibly be improved, and things can normally and mostly like ALWAYS be improved some way or another.

Yes now that I look at visual aid it looks like the arms are buff out in a monkey like fashion perhaps

I would say the shoulders need more defined and the arms turned a bit or made to look like they have elbows.
I think you are aiming for something like this, try using this visual and try again.

So I figured I'd do an example of what I mean, in no way does it have to be this way or mean it would be "right" to do it this way, I am just demonstrating how you may possibly fix up the shoulders and arms it might look even better. "Please note I am still learning so what might look good to me might be horribly bad." But this is my opinion and hope it helps.
In response to Astrlix
Astrlix wrote:

So I figured I'd do an example of what I mean, in no way does it have to be this way or mean it would be "right" to do it this way, I am just demonstrating how you may possibly fix up the shoulders and arms it might look even better. "Please note I am still learning so what might look good to me might be horribly bad." But this is my opinion and hope it helps.

Yeah A LOT of your advice actually seemed good, but the look you're thinking of is waaay too realistic/not abstract enough/too large for what I want to do, I can see using a lot of the advice you gave especially trying to fix the shoulders/make more than just the abs look toned/etc but I'm only even making him this big so that adding detailed items and such are easier due to more room to work with. :P