ID:1316834

Not a bug
BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium
Web Browser:Chrome 28.0.1500.71
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Checkbox which is set to be selected by default, when opening a game isn't selected sometimes. When I unselect it and reopen the game, it is still unselected - looks like the system is saving my interface. Tested it with and without control_freak on.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Run my demo, unselect checkbox, close and open the game again - checkbox will be unselected.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem: I sent demo to Lummox Jr in private message since I don't want to release the code here

Expected Results:
Checkbox chose to be selected by default should always be selected when opening the game.

Actual Results:
It isn't.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime
In other games? No
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Didn't check

When does the problem NOT occur?
I created new empty project with just interface and the bug didn't occur.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? Didn't test

Workarounds:
setting interface using winsets?

I think the "is-checked" property is saved by default. You can manually remove it by opening your DMF in a text editor, finding the checkbox element, and altering the "saved-params" property. It looks like the interface editor is pretty good about not overriding any manual changes to saved-params, although it would be nice to have the property exposed in the interface editor. Try that and see if it fixes it.
It worked, thanks! I had no idea about "saved-params". It defenitely should be implemented in the interface editor :/
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)