ID:1318760

Out of curiosity has anyone ever come up with how they think genjustu should work in a game from start to finish.

For those that dont know this is what genjustu is: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Genjutsu

For example, in relations to things like interface, controls, AI, or even a unique stat system.
Simple things. Things that don't debilitate gameplay but make it more challenging to a PvP/PvE level. A stun effect, slow effect, an effect that induces "fear" and keeps you from attacking, or an effect that induces "charm" and makes you move toward the enemy.

Note, I got most of these ideas off the top of my head from League of Legends. lmao
Genjutsu if i'm not mistaken in Naruto are usually controlled by the caster. They get to control the setting, place, environment, sound, and so on and so forth. Now since we're talking BYOND-wise, I think that the caster should have a list of objects and settings from where he can choose from and build literally build the place, where the target be will facing.

Nowadays, it's just usually a click of button away called "genjutsu". and all that happens is just reduces the opponents health. :\
I've always toyed with the idea of genjutsu literally impacting your view of your surroundings combined with status effects. Suppose you had a genjutsu that made your opponent see arrows coming to hit him (with real arrows mixed in of course). Have them dashing around to dodge arrows. If you manage to hit them in the knee before the effect is over, make them slow.

The mind is a terrible thing, play with it.
One of my GIAD entries, for which source is available, had a mechanism where the player could start hallucinating - I implemented it by adding random monsters to the player's screen - see status_effect/hallucination in status.dm
To get a more complete picture. Another question: how would genjustu breaking look like- mechanically or graphically.

For those who don't understand genjustu breaking look under combating genjustu. (e.g. Interface, AI, ect)
For genjutsu, I like the idea of illusions...If you've seen say, Hellsing, you'd see some cool illusions. Things like those mixed in. creating false images on the players screen, messing with their actions. Maybe even some damaging ones if they're really high level (goes into feeling something when given the experience but not really feeling it). You can really do ANYTHING with it, imagination is what it's all about lol. Showing the wrong things on their screen is a good way. For example...A genjutsu that showed the player a castle with nothing in it, then it just rips them up on their screen and then the genjutsu closes off and wastes a bunch of their stamina or somethin