ID:132239

I'll make this as short as I can.

I want a complaints forum so I can complain about people like Falacy who consistently harass and troll other people to a degree where it's becoming a problematic situation and just causing unneeded drama for everyone, involved or not.

I name Falacy not for his feedback on projects, but for his personal attacks on people. I don't see an effective way to complain about such situations.
Do it on your blog. Honestly, a forum for people to complain about other people? It would just get filled with angry anime kiddies whining about how they hate eachother. Oh, wait, that's exactly what you want, a place for angry anime kiddies to whine about how they hate eachother.
So your solution for people causing unneeded drama is to create unneeded drama on a much larger scale?
Stevenw9 wrote:
I want a complaints forum so I can complain about people like Falacy who consistently harass and troll other people to a degree where it's becoming a problematic situation and just causing unneeded drama for everyone, involved or not.

The solution is to avoid him, prevent him from posting comments on your site/hubs, and the best solution: ignore him. A complaints forum is basically a "flame forum" that would amount to absolutely nothing.

The BYOND staff does not have the time to patrol the bickering that occurs amongst the community members. We have to learn how to solve things ourselves, like we do offline.
Having seen this particular notion operate on another forum with a far smaller community, it's pretty much the worst train-wreck of a section I can think of, unfortunately.

It encourages crying to administrators about every and any little problem, personal attacks, and sets the notion that it's perfectly acceptable to throw vitriol at others in general on this forum, provided it's a 'complaint'.

If some developers choose to act a certain way to one another, this is really no business of mine. Unless it hurts BYOND's service directly, it's really no business of BYOND's either.

I have not seen it do so, so it's just hot air from this particular position. It's really no big deal, and happens a lot. We've seen far worse and far more genuinely damaging.