ID:1322748

BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Chrome 28.0.1500.71
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If I log out and in again (Like, a lot, pretty rapidly) occasionally the pager will die and get stuck in either constant logging in or endless logging out. (Joining a game when it's logging in puts me as a Guest, when it's logging out as the last key I was logged in as)

This is annoying because I'm trying to test features of my game that require multiplayer.

Actually to be honest there should be some way of joining games WITHOUT an ad, or using another key, under certain circumstances but that's a completely different topic.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Sit there logging in and out and into a different account and out again until it either breaks or the cows come home.

Expected Results:
Pager seamlessly logs me in and out.

Actual Results:
Pager hangs at log in or log out.

When does the problem NOT occur?
It seems to be completely random when it'll happen but it's starting to get annoying. Sometimes it stays broken even after restarting the client completely.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
It has happened ever since the new pager arrived.

Workarounds:
Use Unity.
I think most programs freeze when you "spam" open them.
With unity you can't even open it without a 1-2 minute wait, and occasional project crashes.

Simple fix is-- patience.
I wasn't "spamming" per say, giving it a good 10 seconds between logout/in certainly shouldn't be breaking it.
Is there a more reliable way to trigger this issue other than hoping for it to come up randomly? Any specific sequence of events, like say sending a message and then logging out?

When your pager is in this state, does netstat say anything of note about the connection? That is, do you see anything connected to port 6001 or 20002 (our current hub ports) and if so, what is it?
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'