ID:132303

People already pay 18$ to have a Byond membership. Why do we have to wait hours for our project/submission to be accepted? I'm sure considering the site updates, and for how long it has gone on, that the flow of crap-content has slowed down. Can't our libraries and demos be automatically accepted, and just be put into some sort of evaluation list for the moderators to check once they are able to? I feel like it is kind of unfair that we have to wait...you can work all day on a final version of a project, and really want it to get some persons to test it out with that afternoon, but you're waiting for your entry to be submitted.

Maybe, there could be more warning as to what and what isn't accepted. You could have a 3-strikes-and-you're-out system setup, where if you submit content that is crap or ripped, you get a strike. If you got 3, then you would have to wait for a submission. I feel like I am being treated like a little kid that has to wait for his mother and father to be allowed to use his steak knife, even though he has never been anything but cautious with it.
I don't think the wait is really that big of a deal. There is no reason you have to have something featured immediately, is there?
In response to DivineTraveller
It's got an unofficial, beating-around-the-bush feel to it; as well as being annoying. It would be different if Byond was a company with many admins who were constantly checking up on this sort of thing. However, with the current system, it takes a while.
A few hours is a pittance compared to to XBLA certification.
In response to OrangeWeapons
A change in automated policy sounds like a reasonable feature request. I think the unofficial feeling may come from the mental disconnect between subscriptions and the services paid for. While the staff does sometimes handle listings, the portion of work handled by unpaid volunteers is unlikely to be influenced by unseen money.

I've suggested a similar system for Facebook posts. (And I'll link to this automation just because. ;))
In response to OrangeWeapons
OrangeWeapons wrote:
It's got an unofficial, beating-around-the-bush feel to it; as well as being annoying.
It would be different if Byond was a company with many admins who were constantly checking up on this sort of thing. However, with the current system, it takes a while.

This is because all of the people responsible are volololololunterss, rather than the paid database admins you just mentioned.

There's nothing stopping you sending your library to someone to test of your own accord; there are a lot of ways to do that outside of BYOND.

The reason it's worth taking a little time for screening things is that an automated process will miss stuff, library updates get pushed automatically - dunno about you, but I like the idea a person has checked that, rather than a machine, some people really do just submit crap, etc.

As a bit of an excuse for why it takes quite so long sometimes;
If I notice a submission one night, and then take a look the next morning, I'll probably want to look through the source. Fair enough.
Then, I'll probably want to have a look at the source of some other, related libraries; to see how they work, and have a think about what the new resource offers that the old one didn't, and then maybe have a chat with another resource mod.

Understandably, if I'm eating a sandwich whilst doing this, it's going to take a little bit.
So yes, I beat around the bush in the sense that I'm semi-thorough about things, rather than looking at the hub entry and going 'Yiep, accepted. Press button.'
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
A few hours is a pittance compared to to XBLA certification.

That's a very good point.
OrangeWeapons wrote:
People already pay 18$ to have a Byond membership. Why do we have to wait hours for our project/submission to be accepted?

Volunteers are volunteering their services, we do not see any cash. An hour or two wait is actually not that bad.

I feel like I am being treated like a little kid that has to wait for his mother and father to be allowed to use his steak knife, even though he has never been anything but cautious with it.

Being listed is not a right for all BYOND members, it is a privilege. Just like any other portal for games, the quality projects must be review before being placed into a quality category. Throwing every newly created hub into the listed category makes it not prestigious and defeats the purpose, to display quality games and resources in the searches.

Just be patient.