ID:132417

with all the new changes that are happening several hubs look bad now so ive tryed to improve mine but the CSS i want to use wont load because it isnt allowing me to attach style sheets or embend them into the html output box were the stuff gose, is there any way around this or any plans to allow some sort of leway on making pages look nice.
ive not wrote anything fancy just afew alterations to make some text standout more and afew images for list sorting insted of the bulletpoints.
It would be nice to beable to make hudpages more appealing with all these new changes the color theme currently in use made my hubpage an eyeswore so its in need of a radical change, basicly all i wanna do it attach a stylesheet to make my page more appealing, but every method ive tryed dosnt work, asid from writing it into the tag itself which would be a major pain theres rly no other way to style div boxes and whatnot. so please. can someone eaither give me some information on how to get the results i want or tell me if there are plans to beable to do such things in the future
You should probably post this on the tracker.
Re-written:
With all the new changes that are happening, several hubs look bad now. So, I've tryed to improve mine, but the CSS i want to use wont load because it isn't allowing me to attach style sheets or embed them into the html output box where the stuff goes. Is there any way around this or any plans to allow some sort of leway on making pages look nice.
I haven't wrote anything fancy, just a few alterations to make some text standout more and a few images for list sorting insted of the bullet-points.
It would be nice to be able to make hub pages more appealing with all these new changes the color theme currently in use made my hubpage an eyeswore so its in need of a radical change.
In response to Darker Legends
done posted on tracker
In response to OrangeWeapons
OrangeWeapons wrote:
Re-written:

You win sir.
In response to Android Data
YES!
I responded to the feature request but for public interest I'll explain in more detail what's going on with this.

The reason hub entries and blog posts don't let you use the <link> and <style> tags boils down to security and messing up the page. The latter is actually the main reason they were pulled out in the first place. One thing we saw a lot of was people pasting in CSS they got off of Myspace, designed for a completely different page and often radically altering the page the hub entry was on. Without seeing a good solution for limiting CSS to just the description portion, it was pulled entirely.

However, a related issue has recently made a solution to this more feasible. That is, people were editing the headbar menus and we wanted to make sure those stayed consistent across the whole site. I had a solution in mind and was finally able to implement it on the new site. That has been working quite well, to the point where I think at some point I could revisit the blog post filter (which also governs hub entries) to re-allow the <style> tag if it can do a similar kind of parsing, and if we can ensure that the text will go into a container with a specific name.

As for the <link> tag, I don't think that can ever be reallowed in spite of its obvious usefulness, unless it is simply parsed into a <style> form by our filter. The filter's results are usually cached though which means to update an entry's styles you'd not only have to change the source .css file, you'd have to update the text.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Isn't it possible these days to add a suffix or somthing to the css tags for there output? Maybe make the suffix preset aswell to something like game_ and if not set right reverts to the default settings, that way if game_ dosnt exsist in the css tags then it dosnt work.

Maybe this would be the best action for such feature for hub page manipulation, after all the aim is to only beable to add some style in the textbox given to us to add extra information about our game.

Solong as the main site theme isnt editable then whatever means used to beable to do such features is a bonus for many