ID:132434

Is it true that "rips" are prohibited from BYOND? And do the "rip" owners get banned too? If so good for BYOND!

Also, about the site design. I'd rather have, and people would probably agree with me, a site that shows off uniqueness and a stylish variety of colors and shapes. I believe a default theme that's less blog-type and more open creativeness would help increase traffic. Maybe every week the site theme changes with holidays?? That would be pretty good.

Thanks for reading :)
Rips won't be prohibited, just looked down on (like they are now). Rips will be hidden from searches / being featured (not being featured is also a trait for any fan game).
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
Rips won't be prohibited, just looked down on (like they are now). Rips will be hidden from searches / being featured (not being featured is also a trait for any fan game).

Thanks for clearing that up :)
In response to Oseliman
So what you're saying is that if i open my Kekkaishi game after the byond update, no one can type Kekkaishi in the search bar and see that it is up?
In response to Akriloth
Right, but you're free to advertise it yourself; you can even provide data about the game on your own website.
In response to Nadrew
Ouch, but i can predict alot of rippers spam advertising the pager and other games from this.

Edit:
Also because of this fan games no longer have a need for hubs.
In response to Akriloth
People can still make posts. People can still visit your page and see your Hub. You can still advertise your hub link outside of Byond.