ID:1325705

Resolved
This issue pertains to an older version of BYOND, in which it was most likely fixed. If not, please comment here.
BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic
Web Browser:Chrome 28.0.1500.72
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every bloody time.
In other games?No games load.
In other user accounts?I can't even log in.
On other computers?Not going to test, don't have any other computers I can use.

When does the problem NOT occur?It always does.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)498.1163

Workarounds:

More information.
Hi Spacemanspark, I understand this is frustrating but we're going to need a lot more information. You've given us nothing to test or investigate. With more info we'd be able to help you.

For instance, you mentioned the new build doesn't work at all, but you didn't say what's going wrong. Is it failing to start? Is it stuck on a loading screen, and if so which one? Does the interface come up but is there no game list? Does everything come up but games don't start when you click Join or Play? We need details, and lots of them.

Which exact version are you running? I.e., is it 499.1200, or is it a different build?

I'm trying to shore up the last stability issues in 499, but I can't do that without information.

[edit]
I have some follow-up questions that can help get to the root of the issue sooner:

1) What is the path to your user data directory? (You can find this by opening up the pager in 498, going to Perferences | Advanced, and opening your user data directory from the button there.)

2) When you installed build 499, did you do so while running as an administrator? If not, please give that a try.

3) If BYOND is installed as an administrator but still doesn't work, what happens if you go to the program compatibility settings for byond.exe and dreamseeker.exe and tell it to always run those as an admin? Does that solve the problem?
LordAndrew resolved issue with message:
This issue pertains to an older version of BYOND, in which it was most likely fixed. If not, please comment here.