Murder Mansion

by SuperSaiyanGokuX
Murder Mansion
Not for the faint of heart...
ID:1326025

This is not an exciting update, but I want to get this out there before I start talking about the exciting stuff next.

Murder Mansion will have a subscription system.

The game will always be free to play (and all currently available content will remain free; I'm not going to "cut off" stuff that you've already had access to just to pad the subscription benefits), but becoming a subscriber will unlock added content (maps and game modes) and some game options (not the ones that are currently given to BYOND Members; subscribers will have access to other options, like selecting the weather when starting a map, and setting some AI options)

This is why I wanted to mention this in this post, because the next few posts are going to cover added content, and some of them will be subscriber-only.

I have no idea on pricing. I guess I'll be figuring that out at the last second before release...lol

The subscriber system will work the same way as the BYOND Member benefits currently do. All content that is available to a subscriber will be available to everyone playing with a subscriber (if that subscriber is the person who selects the map and mode).

For example, if there's a subscriber on the server, and they choose the map, if they choose a subscriber-only map, all other players on the server can join and play on that map.

How will this affect new content going forward? I don't want to ignore the non-subscribers, so I will split up new content between free and subscriber-only. For instance, I might add 3 new maps at some point, and set one or two of them to subscriber-only. So everyone will get some new content with future updates, but subscribers might get a little bit more added content.

Any comments, questions, or concerns?
Canz i haz subscriptionz?
I swear, almost every one of these posts, you've put a variation of "This one isn't interesting, I'll get to the interesting stuff next" at the top =p
It's true, it's true. I'm guilty.

I guess I'm just being sort of self-conscious. I'm just assuming that the sort of nuts-n-bolts, under-the-hood types of topics so far won't be interesting to most people (they are to me, but perhaps no one else cares) Though maybe some of these "boring" posts are interesting to someone, so I've been making them anyway.

But this time around, the interesting stuff (at least, what I assume most people will be the most interested in) really is coming next (next post will be about new maps, one after that will be new modes; then one last one that's the most interesting of all)
o.o I just noticed this and due to the fact I very much enjoyed this game in the early years of me joining byond (used to host servers in around late 05 and such under the name "Officer Kevin Ryman") I will subscribe to this first chance I get (aka when I get a job that's not borderline illegal or an internship)
WHERE IS THE FILES FOR DBTC :C