ID:1326682

BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
Web Browser:Chrome 28.0.1500.72
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I'm using a client-sided save system, which saves a mob to a file. Randomly, I get this error:

BYOND Error:(Sfile.cpp,1138) failed to open file:
BYOND Error:(Sfile.cpp,1138) C:\Users\Nick\Documents\BYOND\cache\72561DB

Which causes my saving system to essentially break. Sometimes, however, it'll work again if dream daemon is restarted or if I restart my computer.

I'm not sure what causes this, how I can avoid it, or whether it's an inherent and un-fixable issue in the BYOND engine.
I'm wondering why it's trying to load a savefile out of the cache. I remember a mention of this awhile back and it turned out to be related to something weird like a savefile inside of a savefile (Nadrew's savefile system had something like that).
Why are you doing a double Import()? You should only need to import the save once. Unless has_file() is used elsewhere, you can just put its functionality directly into load_mob(), or you can always just pass the savefile to it as an argument.
The double Import() could conceivably be the cause of your woes, although obviously the behavior that's happening is a bug anyway.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I'm wondering why it's trying to load a savefile out of the cache. I remember a mention of this awhile back and it turned out to be related to something weird like a savefile inside of a savefile (Nadrew's savefile system had something like that).

Did not. I never made a savefile system, most I ever did was that article about savefiles and the closest to this that it did was telling you not to do it =P.