ID:132727

It would be nice to see the menus being able to be split off into sub-menus like in the screenshot I took of firefox shown above.
Lummox said it's possible during runtime, not sure exactly how, but he said it'd be a female dog to add into the editor.

Edit:
Look up "Menus" in the skin ref; it talks about the parent parameter.
It is possible:
client/New()
. = ..()
var/list/L = list("parent" = "menu", "name" = "View")
winset(src, "viewmenu", list2params(L))
L = list("parent" = "viewmenu", "name" = "Toolbars")
winset(src, "toolbarsmenu", list2params(L))
L = list("parent" = "toolbarsmenu", "name" = "Navigation Toolbar", "command" = "byond://?src=\ref[src];toggle=nav", "is-checked" = "true", "can-check" = "true")
winset(src, "navtoolbar", list2params(L))
In response to Android Data
Android Data wrote:
It is possible:
> client/New()
> . = ..()
> var/list/L = list("parent" = "menu", "name" = "View")
> winset(src, "viewmenu", list2params(L))
> L = list("parent" = "viewmenu", "name" = "Toolbars")
> winset(src, "toolbarsmenu", list2params(L))
> L = list("parent" = "toolbarsmenu", "name" = "Navigation Toolbar", "command" = "byond://?src=\ref[src];toggle=nav", "is-checked" = "true", "can-check" = "true")
> winset(src, "navtoolbar", list2params(L))
>

In this image, were it says Toolbars, under it says "Status Bar". When I try to add more then one it only shows the second one.

I've tried
        var/list/L = list("parent" = "menu", "name" = "Interface Color")
L = list("parent" = "viewmenu", "name" = "Blue", "parent" = "viewmenu", "name" = "Red")

L += list("parent" = "viewmenu1", "name" = "Red")
winset(src, "toolbarsmenu1", list2params(L))

That only makes it show "Red". And I've also tried:
        var/list/L = list("parent" = "menu", "name" = "Interface Color")
L = list("parent" = "viewmenu", "name" = "Blue", "parent" = "viewmenu", "name" = "Red")

Both just show "Red" and not include the "Blue" part.

Any help on this? And Yes I do know my topic on this is old, but pointless making a new topic when there already is one.
In response to Howey
You can't add two menu items in the same winset(), nor can you have two different associated values in an associative list. This line will never work:

L["name"] cannot be both "Blue" and "Red", and you've set L["parent"] twice. I'm not sure how DM will compile this list; it might give you a list with the items "parent", "name", "parent", and "name" but there are only two associated values. It might also just give you a list with "parent" and "name". I'm also not sure which result you'd get out of list2params(), but it definitely won't be what you were expecting.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
So is there a way to do it?
In response to Howey
You can add as many menu items as you like, but you can't do it all in the same winset, and you can't make associative lists carry two different associated values for the same item.

Lummox JR