ID:1327281

Well everyone lemme just start by saying a few important things: I have always wanted to be good at illustration in both real life and on the computer, and I want nothing more in life. My problem? I am partially color-blind. What I mean by 'partially' is, according to me and my eye doctor, I have immense difficulty discerning saturation and shades. For example, I can't tell yellow and bright green apart (see images below)

Nope. See no difference unless you put them right next to each other. Show me them seperately or any shades, and I'd have no idea. I'm the same way with dark purple and black, light red and green (sometimes, somehow).

So me being color clueless, how can I set up palettes? I feel mentally retarded when I see people make them with such ease but knowing me I'd probably have 3 different colors in there accidentally. I'd prefer to make computer art because my hand isn't exactly the steadiest (ironic because I'm in a rifle team), so I can't really draw straight lines or any shape correctly without having the ability to undo (which is not yet available in real life ;_;) Sooo guys, any advice? ^ω^
I can relate. Most darker shades of purple and red I can't distinguish from eachother and appear to me as and dull greyish tint. It doesn't effect me too much but I'd just decide your palettes with a little more reliance on math(for determining the color codes - it's what I do usually) and have somebody check it out for you.

As for the shape thing, no pixel artist can free form draw any decent art. lol It's more of a matter of going pixel-by-pixel.
Perhaps a color wheel site such as this would help?
http://colorschemedesigner.com/
In response to Flame Sage
Well this works perfectly, but I still have no idea how to draw anything. Tried to find some tutorials, bu I can't learn really hard things without something directed at me (which is why school fits me well). Any fantastic or not-so-fantastic pixel artist got any suggestions? I'll owe you one.
In response to Akando5959
Wow, this works perfectly and has some really good tuts. Thanks guys, you have some really good resources. :D I owe you one.

I'll be busy today (b-day, or d-day as I like to call it), but I should hopefully pump out a few sprites by Monday and have someone review them.