ID:1327571

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Mass paging now is kind of hard with the new pager. I don't even think it's possible to send out more than one page at once. I run a Shell Server within BYOND and there's about 20 people who don't use their services. I wanted to send out a page to those 20 people notifying them that if they don't use their free servers within a week that their services will be terminated. However, being that there's quite a bit of manual work involved I haven't gotten around to it. Instead, I post pone it and work on coding the Shell Server even more.

What if there was a different type of subscription feature? More like.. subscribing to special messages from a game? The game has a 5 minute delay, or whatever delay is best for reducing massive usage over the pager, between each page. Every user that agrees to be in the list is subject to receiving a message from whomever is in control of the mass page. This is more like a pager list.

For every page sent, to easily fight against spam, there could also be an option when clicking the "X" button in the top right-hand corner where you can unsubscribe. Of course, you'd have to be running the new Pager. Or, you could use it through the website.

If this feature is added, there could be a line of code like IsByondMember() or CheckPassport() that checks if the user is currently subscribed. This way I could also allow or disallow people the ability to use their servers based on if they are subscribed. It's more like a Terms of Use Agreement.
This feature is already implemented, via using the update button on the pager. You can select who you want to send the mass-page to (including hubs you own, meaning people can fan your game and they'll get the message).
Rather have it for a specific group of people. Not everyone of them will actually fan the game. They're not obligated nor can I make them obligated. So it's not 100% guaranteed that the ones who I want to reach out to will actually get the update. That's the problem. I have around 15 people on the list who haven't added the game as their favorites. Those 15 won't get the message. The list will continue to grow over time as well. This worries me as to how well I can manage this.
You CAN make them obligated, pretty easily.

Plus if users of your game/service refuse themselves to get information from you, there's nothing you can do about it.
How do you make them obligated without manually checking if they've added the game to their favorites?

And if the service is a free service, wouldn't one thing I could do about it is revoke their services? It's more of like an agreement. You agree to receive important messages pertaining you status with the server and in return you receive free services. Simple messages like reminders for those who haven't been on in a while telling them to return or remove the game from their favorites could work. And then again, with the whole subscription thing, it could terminate their abilities to use the services until they reapply.
Via automatically checking if they've added the game to their favorites?