ID:1328035

Applies to:Dream Daemon

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I propose a setting for DreamDaemon to allow Development mode a checkbox will do and a flag for Linux.

This will remove ads when connecting to the server over the internet and limit the amount of players/connections to say 5? 10?.

This is purely for testing purposes only.

It's pretty obvious why you would want to limit the connections/players.
Or, implement the talked about feature: developer pays a one time steep fee that keeps his game ad free for anyone connecting. I will gladly pay for this in a heart beat.
Maybe 2-3 connections max, but no more than that is needed for non-live testing. People would just start using this mode to avoid ads when hosting games that don't get/need many players.

I like the no-ad fee for developers idea myself.
In response to Nadrew
Either way.
Maybe you could pay per player, but players that play for all of 4 seconds would get annoying...
Tom is already agreed with the ad-free developer fee idea. Just need to implement it.
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
Tom is already agreed with the ad-free developer fee idea. Just need to implement it.

That's great. Will help tremendously with testing as I hate having to see an ad when I log in for thirty seconds to check something.

(Yes, I know, I'm a member and could turn off ads. I leave them on to support BYOND.)
In response to Magicmann
Hmm, both of these features/options look pretty good, but i should probably point out Magicmann, that FIREking seems to be referring to the feature that would give developers the ability to pay a steep one time fee, which would allow their games to be ad-free for anyone who played it; as opposed to the ad-free developer mode that one might like to employ during private testing.