ID:132915

A parameter called on-resize( Command that is called when this control is resized ), given to window controls would be useful.

You could use this to say, let a player resize a window in height, but not in width. Also you could use it to update the position of transparent windows with labels using the same background color( thus making the labels transparent too ) and allowing something like a WoWesque chat output( demonstrated in byond://mikau.mik_chat ) much more efficiently.

Aside from these, I'm sure it could be put to other creative uses.

Yes, no, maybe?
You can use hub://Nadrew.WindowManager to do this right now.
In response to Nadrew
Ah, that's great. Being able to use JavaScript to patch up DM and everything. Still, it would be nice if there was a less hacky way to do this.
Wouldn't something like this be called a ridiculous amount of times?
When you drag a window to resize it wouldn't it technically be resizing on every single pixel all the way across and down your screen?
Plus, unless this on-resize() gave you the new window size (height,width) you'd have to winget() to see what it was resized to, and as we all know, winget() fails at life.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
Wouldn't something like this be called a ridiculous amount of times?
When you drag a window to resize it wouldn't it technically be resizing on every single pixel all the way across and down your screen?
Plus, unless this on-resize() gave you the new window size (height,width) you'd have to winget() to see what it was resized to, and as we all know, winget() fails at life.

I assume there a functions in whatever handles windows to deal with when the resize is started and when it's ended. I'm sure the development team for BYOND wouldn't make it call every second unless you specify it to, which also isn't too bad unless you're performing a huge task on resize, I think.
In response to ANiChowy
ANiChowy wrote:
I assume there a functions in whatever handles windows to deal with when the resize is started and when it's ended. I'm sure the development team for BYOND wouldn't make it call every second unless you specify it to, which also isn't too bad unless you're performing a huge task on resize, I think.

Well, if you wanted to match some sort of window alignment (like the floating chat system he pointed to) then you would pretty much want it to update every pixel with the window.
And calling every second would be way too slow o.O Even every tick isn't fast enough to keep up with a dynamic window re-size properly.