Event Jul 26 2013, 6:01 pm
to Jul 28 2013, 5:59 pm
ID:1329504

Given that Yut Put can't run GIAD on the 27th, and some people seemed to have a problem with that, I thought we could fix that easily enough. If you'd prefer, I'll come up with some themes and stick them here next week, and then will judge any submissions.

I haven't talked to Yut about this, but I'll see about combining the two contests as much as possible. I'd recommend only entering one.

EDIT: Correcting to Eastern Daylight Time.

EDITEDIT:
Themes, selected by getting a list of words from this website and filtering out things like "subrhomboid":

- personalization
- collectivist
- microbial

You must use 1 to 3 of the themes.

Please submit entries to my email address. Send a zip file or a link to a hub path. Ideally you should indicate whether or not your game is multiplayer so I know whether I need to find a friend.
Excellent. You are a legend. Sign me up!
Perfect :)
What's the genre?
Any genre will be fine, I'll be releasing themes at contest start.
I have an idea: have the two competitions, choose the best from both, put them together and determine which are first, second, third, etc. out of the whole lot.
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
I have an idea: have the two competitions, choose the best from both, put them together and determine which are first, second, third, etc. out of the whole lot.

I approve of this. I'll be free on the 27th to think of something also.
Wonderful! this will give me a better chance to work on my idea as I only had a few hours free this time around lol

Count me in :)
If I can get time to do it this weekend, I might be entering this one too, with a new game.

The biggest problem is that I'm moving around this time, but hopefully I can make it happen.
This is great, I had intended to just wait on Iain Peregrine's GIAD, especially since I missed the announcement that Yut Put's GIAD contest had been moved to an earlier date. Will have to re-shuffle a few things around, but hopefully I can get something whipped up.
ho'ho can't wait for this
Timers are more dramatic!

Start / End
I will not be able to participate because we are moving. Maybe next time!
I'll try to present something again.
In response to Taitz
Taitz wrote:

He means "we'll".

;)
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
Taitz wrote:

He means "we'll".

;)

Wait what? I haven't agreed on that so far.
I didn't compete in the last one because I found out about it around 12 hours into the competition. I should be able to participate this time =)
It's highly unlikely that I'll participate, however, I'd like to wish the upcoming participants good luck. These sort of contests make hub submissions look more active, aside from rip-spam -- which is always nice to see.
Will this one be a true GiaD or 48 hours like the "Yut Put Fiasco"?
There are times on the contest.

Like every GIAD Iain ran in the past, this will run for 48 hours so that people can pick a 24-hour block inside that run that they can develop in. Timezones, man.
Page: 1 2 3 4