Thanks for the clarification Jp. ^_^

@Yut Put: I don't think it takes any type of idiot to run a GiaD for 48 hours. Changing the date with literally zero notice, however, is a different case entirely.
In response to Ease
Ease wrote:
Thanks for the clarification Jp. ^_^

@Yut Put: I don't think it takes any type of idiot to run a GiaD for 48 hours. Changing the date with literally zero notice, however, is a different case entirely.

Apply cold water to the burn.
Yut Put wrote:
Ease wrote:
Will this one be a true GiaD or 48 hours like the "Yut Put Fiasco"?

yeah what kind of idiot would run a giad for 48 hours lolol

GITD
I guess I can try this one.
Can we enter both this weekend's and last weekend's competition? :P
I'm planning to, try to stop me.
I'm not associated with Yut Put in any way. It's probably easiest to run them separately, so yeah, feel free to enter both. Do keep in mind that I have no prizes and my judging will be entirely subjective and biased.
In response to Jp
Then again, every contest will be biased and subjective. The jury can never be objective for they are only people, they will always, I repeat, always judge what they this is best. So when you were to go by the criteria in contests you'd fail. So the goal would be to appeal to them, which of course would be.. *cough**cough*
I'll be entering.
Themes up. GIAD begins.
In response to Jp
Terrible themes, nothing comes to mind. xD
You know you've picked your themes correctly when everyone hates them.

That's how it works, right?
In response to Jp
Have to agree on that, the first impression was:
"..."
"Wait.. What?"
These themes are neither fun nor inspiring. :(
I think these themes could actually be quite interesting.

personalization: This suggests a game with features that players can customize.

collectivist and microbial: Now things are getting interesting. This suggests a game with large groups of small buggy mobs. This would be all about power in numbers, and numbers there would be a lot of! When I think of microbial, I think of "very small and primitive".

So to summarize this, imagine a game with huge swarms of tiny little customizable creatures that have to claim land in their world, possibly fighting huge monsters or swarms of other such creatures. Games that come to mind are Pikmin and Spore.

Unfortunately, these kinds of games are just waaaay too huge to make in 1 day. It would be very disappointing for me to attempt something like this in such a short time. If this were Game in a Month, it would be a different story. I do however, think these would make good themes for a game.

Although, if you can generate and manage large numbers of diverse mobs, then something like this might not take too long.

I'm giving everyone way too many ideas, but regardless, I'm interested in seeing something come out of this.
Ya know, I kinda like the themes :)

I'm streaming this GiaD entry! Or at least, I've streamed a bit so far, but I'm just off to grab a snack, so I'll be back shortly. I've not streamed before, so it's just good music and my awkward ramblings.

http://www.twitch.tv/gracefulease/
Done. My entry can be found here: http://www.byond.com/games/Jittai/RiverCrossingRiddle.
All programming and art assets done roughly in 3 and a half hours (from midnight to 3:30).

Kind of took personalization and collectivism and mashed them together for the theme.

/insomnia
Done?! O_O
I got distracted on Yut's GIAD and kind of lost motivation- so I did something experimental and fun for me but still simple. And most importantly resisted the urge to play LoL.
Really cool Jittai; LOVED the style of it. So unlike anything on BYOND. Not sure I get the Themes from it though :P
Page: 1 2 3 4