ID:132957

I was just writing a post in which I referenced BYOND's fabled 'To-Do List'... And I realized, that is a cool idea.

Previously I suggested that the Feature's forum be changed to a similar setup to the bug tracker, but with more facilitation for discussion.. But perhaps an easier and more efficient solution would be keeping the Features forum as is, and creating a section called 'The To-Do List', where ideas that have already been suggested are responded to by the staff. It would actually be best if they didn't just include things they planned to do, but also ideas that are popularly suggested and always rejected due to something preventing it from being done.

Just a fun little idea so we can see all the things the staff has in store for BYOND.
Warning of the Day: Never announce something you have not yet done. Try, and you will be instantly robbed of the determination to do it. 100% guaranteed!
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Warning of the Day: Never announce something you have not yet done. Try, and you will be instantly robbed of the determination to do it. 100% guaranteed!

:p Aww. -.-'
Foiled by a quote that has been around for years. It is a good quote though. :( :( :(

The point behind this is simply to make a list of ideas that have been received with general approval by the staff... Not necessarily something they guarantee they will do. :\
In response to AJX
But if they do attempt to do it, they will be "instantly robbed of the determination to do it. 100% guaranteed!"
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
But if they do attempt to do it, they will be "instantly robbed of the determination to do it. 100% guaranteed!"

Foiled. Again. QUIT THAT! :(
LoL.

And I'm not so sure that this quote applies to a professional development situation, but meh.
In response to Kaiochao
Hey, his suggestion doesn't involve them necessarily announcing it...
In response to Naokohiro
Haha, I guess not. Better name it the "Casually informative list of things to do."
In response to AJX
Of course, that's just a quote, not a fact of life. People overuse the "100% guaranteed" declaration, such as in marketing. "Our product is the best - 1000% guaranteed!"
Obviously, they've announced planned features before implementing them (f.ex. the new map controls for screen objects feature), so they've proved that quote wrong themselves. >_>